Chapter 98 - When His Boss Worries

The following day, Vincent has already given a clearance to discharge since his injuries are only minor. However, this is still a secret, and only a few people knew.

He could already go home the other day, but since they told the media that he needed more days to recover, Vincent stayed in the hospital.

Hailey finished packing their things, and now they were waiting for Vince's parents to lay the plan to lure the media that no one noticed he's going home today.

News has been circulating that his accident probably an attempt of murder. But Shen confirmed nothing, the reason the media was persistent to dig for more information.

At the moment, the doctor put a new bandage around Vince's shoulder. Aside from it, he also used a sling arm to assure he would not move his left shoulder until it would completely heal.

Honestly, he felt a lot better today, like he didn't need it. It would be only slight pain if he moved his left arm. But the felon who plotted his death is still out there, and they are still gathering solid evidence to arrests them.

Meanwhile, the car driver that crashed into him causes his Lamborghini to push forward, has been silent, and denies that it was an intention. Instead, he reasons out that he was depressed and lost while driving. That is why he didn't notice that the traffic light had already changed its color to red.

Well, it was the smartest excuse for a person committing the crime to pretend to have a mental health problem.

So then, Vince has to continue pretending that he's severely injured, and he needs to stay in the hospital in a few more days.

"Visit me tomorrow evening before your flight."

"I will, Doctor Jing. Thank you."

The doctor nodded, then left. Immediately, Vince pulled Hailey into his arms and kissed her. After they parted to breathe some air, Hailey spoke.

"You should postpone your trip to Australia," she suggested to Vince. She's still worried.

Vincent fell into his thoughts. He lifted his gaze to give Hailey an assuring smile. "I feel a lot better today. Thanks to your love and care for me."

She isn't convinced at all. But she couldn't suppress her smile at how Vince sounds corny. She pouted. "You're going to have so many things to do in Australia. How can I assure you will take care of yourself?"

Vince chuckled at how cute Hailey before his eyes. He couldn't resist planting a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"Thank you for worrying about me, but I promised to eat on time and get enough rest," said Vince. Later, he sighed. "My flight has been scheduled already. I don't want them to think how unprofessional I am and showed a bad impression of me."

Hailey frowned upon hearing Vince's reasons. She mouthed, "That ridiculous of them not to give you any consideration. If you allow me, I will negotiate with them to give you another day of rest. I will explain what happened."

Vince's eyes flickered as he peered at Hailey. From his perspective, Hailey wanted to do this, as she was too worried about him. With this thought, his heart fluttered in delight.

"Thank you. But you don't need to worry. Let me handle it, okay? If they agreed, I would arrive in Australia on Friday instead of Thursday. How's that?"

Hailey pondered for a moment. Today is Wednesday, and Vince's scheduled visit to Dream City is tomorrow.

"How about Monday?" Hailey suggested. As the boss, Vince never knew that she was; all she wanted was his full recovery.