Chapter 63 - Class Reunion: He Wanted To Keep Forever (Six)

"Shut up!" Vince immediately covered Jake's mouth now that Lloyd came back to their table.

The guy looked at them suspiciously. He asked with curiosity. "What are you guys doing? Are you talking about secrets?"

"No. He has bad breath. So, I was covering his mouth from talking," Vince's lame excuse, causes Jake to burst out laughing.

"Damn! Who eaten a lot tonight? It was you who had a bad breath now."

"Hm..." Vince concurred after he smelled his breath. "I need to go to the washroom."

Jake and Lloyd stared at him with astonishment. The latter phrase, "I think it's a scary thing to be in love."

"Man, I will tell Jessie you said it." Jake threatens Lloyd, who instantly paled from his statement.

"Hey, no kidding! Of course, I am in love with my wife! Well, great timing! My love just texted."

Lloyd found an excuse to dodge his friend's tease. Then, he loudly read the message from his wife Jessie, who is seventh-month pregnant, the reason it was Hazel he brought as his date tonight. Well, the purpose is for Hailey to have a friend accompanying her if Vince will crowd by everyone.

"Jessie texted... She needs... Pineapple? Where could I buy a pineapple at this hour?"

"Try to visit the Metro Public Market. They were still open until midnight. A few stores still open," Vince suggested. He knew, of course.

"Wow, man! Thanks!" Lloyd stood from his chair and walked toward Vince and Jake, tapping their shoulder. "Well, I wanted to continue chatting with you guys, but the boss is waiting home. I need to go... Oh, Hazel! I bet she doesn't want to go home, yet."

"Don't worry, bro. Let me drive her home," Jake offered. However, Lloyd raises a brow and gives him a suspicious stare. "What? Do I look like someone would do something to a teenage girl?"

"I am more suspicious of hearing it from your mouth."

"Hey! What do you think of me?" Jake is defending himself, but Vince chimed in.

"You are a playboy New Yorker."

"You're offending me!"

"Like I didn't know you were sleeping around with different women," Lloyd added.

"I'm single right now. But I'm loyal once I am in a relationship! I only sleep with my girlfriends!"

"See? It's coming from your mouth. I'm taking Hazel home with me."

"Come on, bro!"

Lloyd and Jake continued their argument. Vince decided to leave them alone, excusing himself to go to the washroom. When he came back, Lloyd left already.

Their table is now filled with their other classmates, chatting with Jake. He travels his eyes to look for Hailey, and he found him talking with the French Ambassador, along with Mrs. Gomez and the university President.

Vince sat down, he took the glass of champagne Jake offered him.

"Cheers!" Glasses clank, the men gulp the liquor in one go. Jake poured their glasses again, but this time, Vince only half-emptied his drink, he put down the glass on the table.

"Hey. I saw Eva last week." Jake whispered at Vince. He studied his reaction. And as usual, Vince's expression didn't change when he heard his wife's name. He went on, "She's with her boyfriend. I think he is the same guy back then."

"Hm. Where did you see her?"

"Somewhere in Florida when I visit my sister. What happened to the divorce you are filing?"