Chapter 114 - La Merveille: OUR LEGACY

Let me introduce myself once again.

My name is Hailee Hillson Davies or known by the people close to me as Princess.

When I was a little girl, I heard a story from my grandfather about his great-grandfather's adventure.

He is a royal heir of a throne, which country I would not mention. Anyway, his family is from a royal bloodline throughout Europe.

Of course, Kings and Queens wanted to secure power, and marrying a prince or princess from another kingdom is common.

However, my grandfather's great-grandpa falls in love with a commoner. You are familiar with the rest of the story that the Royal family would never support the marriage.

And so, my grandfather's great-grandpa elopes with this beautiful commoner lady.

They were hiding in a ship sailing to the big island now known as Australia.

He traveled and settled somewhere in the Northwest. And because he was smart and had a great understanding of Science, particularly in Biology and Anthropology, he studied the massive island until he found a cave of gold.

With trusted servants and friends, they mine the cave, and he hides his shares to profit in the future because he has a dream to build his kingdom.

Then, he becomes a great miner, and the family also becomes a great jeweler.

But my grandpa's great-grandfather dreamed of building a city. But he didn't fulfill his dream. He died inside the cave during an earthquake, and they were mining at that time.

Well, the mining business passed to his son. And he's wise more than his father. He started investing and putting up more business until he passed it on to my grandfather, and he built Davies Company.

Then, before my grandfather died, he passed all the hidden treasures they found since my forefathers. By accepting it, I found my dream. And that to fulfill my forefather's dream to build a city.

Dream City was initially named?La Merveille.

But as I live in modern times now, I officially called it Dream City.

As the sole heir of Davies Legacy, I offer my life to fulfill my forefather's dream.

La Merveille will officially open to the world, and it will be possible with the help of a genius architect I am looking for for several years.

And today, Vincent finally and will be officially working for me. I am also thrilled to share my family's legacy with him.

I hope my forefathers would be proud of me. And I know they won't mind if I choose Vincent to be part of their legacy. OUR LEGACY.

Oh, well! Furthermore, I was a spoiled princess. I have countless men I relied on consistently.

I have an Army of Knights standing behind me.

Well, they are not carrying any swords, arrows, or spears but an iPad or MacBook in hand. They are working on my project. They run my company. And just one call away, their sports car hovered toward me, wherever I am.

Yes, I'm living a luxurious life. Everyone is pampering me, and they all loved me.

However, life isn't perfect. I was betrayed by the person I trusted most. I was ready to entrust my life to him. But he broke my heart.

Anyway, sometimes, heartbreak is a blessing in disguise. I found the man I have been looking for! The architect I need!

And by the mysterious force named LOVE... I fell in love with him.