CHAPTER 30

KALILA

"And you are unforgettable
I need get you alone"

-

I sat on my chair and wrote something down in my notebook. For me, I loved doing to-do lists. It made me feel more organized. I grabbed my blue pencil and underlined 'final exams'. Blue stands for very important, yellow for school, purple for hobbies and green for family. Somehow, I lost my green pencil.

The final exam's were in a few month's, but still, I needed to start studying. For myself and my future.

Mom luckily went to my Aunt's house for a few days. So I got the house for myself for a couple of days. Looking at my notebook, I smiled. It calms me down to write, or draw. I used to draw all the time before middle school. Now, I don't even have time to grab a pencil to draw something. Honestly, I don't even know if my hands are still able to draw something. School destroys artists.

I looked at my bedroom door, expecting to hear mom's voice, but then I remembered that I was alone at home. My hand reached from itsself to one of my drawers, and opened it. Plenty of sheets were to see, neatly stapled side by side.

My hand pulled out something underneath the sheets. It was a black notebook that I tried hiding for quite some time. Because it wasn't mine, it was Jay's. He gave it to me as I collapsed and woke up on his couch.

"Just the truth, no questions about the answers."

That were his words. I don't know why I let myself in his little game's.

I tried to write something down, teared out the pages and started again. There was a storm in my head that I wanted to explain but the words left every second. Everytime I tried to write, my mind went blank again. So I gave up and drew something instead. Fine and decent lines turned out in something that looked like a black mess.

And I didn't stopped yet. I continued to draw, let all my emotions slip in one page with every line I made. Drawing calms me down, let's me feel something.

As I finally let all my emotions out, I slightly smiled at the work I had done. It didn't matter how it looked like, what matters was that I still enjoyed it as I used to do.

I closed the notebook and put it back on my desk. I felt much calmer now, and ready to study again. My homework was in my bag, so I opened it and searched for it.

Suddenly, there were knocks coming outside my window. I jumped off my chair to look outside what it was, and almost flinched. Jay was sitting on the tree next to my window, knocking again. How the fuck did he climbed it all up? I was on the second floor, how did he..?

I opened the window slightly and whisper-yelled:"Jay what the fuck? Are you crazy?!" He smirked and held something up. It was his motorcycle helmet.

"This is all your work Kalila. I'm definitely crazy for you", Jay spoke with a playfully undertone. I rolled my eyes at him. "You're embarressing yourself Harrington. Get off the tree or you're gonna hurt yourself", I responded instead. Jay chuckled for a moment before his gaze landed on me again. "So you do care about me. God, and I thought I was a moron", he mumbled under his breath.

I leaned myself in his direction and shook my head. "Don't get ahead of yourself. I don't want to explain the police how you died, because Jay Harrington was too careless." Jay made a grimace before laughing.