CHAPTER 29

Kaan

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭?"
_

Blood was everywhere, as I pulled the trigger. Zenith fell to the ground, and stopped breathing after a moment. I don't like when somebody touches what is important to me.

Alexine pressed her eyes and hold her ears together as I approached her. I raised her chin a bit and wiped Zenith's blood from her cheeks away. "Are you hurt?", I looked her up and down. If she's hurt, I'll gladly shoot anybody who worked with Zenith together.

For a moment, I was scared that she won't open her beautiful eyes anymore, but when she did, I felt more than relieved. "You.. killed him!", Alexine whisper-yelled at me. Her eyes were wide open in shock.

"I'm confused, Daisy. He threatend and hurt you. I don't like when someone touches you. Zenith deserved it", I caressed her cheeks.

Alexine looked at me shocked. Like I was some sort of beast. But she wouldn't shake off my touch. "You killed him", she mumbled again. I put my gun away to grab her face softly. My thumb made cicle movements as I said:"And that was only the beginning. If somebody hurts or threatens you, they're dead. Let another man touch you, and I'll add his head to my collection of assholes. And I don't fucking care who they are or to which type of family they belong to, daisy. I can kill someone in 14 seconds with my bare hands, let him touch you and I will do it in seven."

-

I laid the warm cup of tea next to the bed, where Alexine was laying in. I insisted that she had to rest for a couple of days. Zenith's body was carefully taken away by a few friends of mine. They cleaned the whole mess for me, and I'm so thankful for them. In a world full of cruelity, you have to be ready to shoot. Otherwise, you're the one who get's shot.

I, or my sister, had to learn this with a young age.

"Alexine, you don't need to sit here and stare at the wall's. I'm sure the room next to it would suit your liking's", I leaned myself against the doorframe and looked at her. Her head went up and she got out of bed. Her long brown hair was in a ponytail and she wore one of my shirt's because her other one's got dirty.

And I loved what I saw.

As she walked past me, to the other door, I waited patiently for her to open the door. And when she did, I couldn't overlook her stunned face. It was a room full with books, like a small library. But that wasn't all.

The shelves were filled with all her favorite books and the book's she wanted to read.

Alexine looked around the room. "How..?", her voice failed to speak. I smiled at the look on her face. 2 and a half years of buying and organizing this room with just the book's she talked about were finally worthed it. "This room.. is filled with all my favorite books. How did you know?", she mumbled under her breath.

I ran my hand through my hair. "I'm good in remembering and noticing small details, daisy. Well, only if it's about you."

Alexine carefully touches the books as she walks slowly but surely to every single bookshelf. And at one shelf, she stops and stares at the books in it. "You filled this whole bookshelf with just special edition's of my favorite book?", she laughs unbelievingly. I crossed my arms infront of my chest.

Yes, I did.

"..Kaan, I don't know what to say. It feels like we have met before. This book..", Alexine pulls out a book from one of the shelves, "I used to read this in elementary school whenever I.. felt sad. I never told anybody about this and we weren't even in the same elementry school. I don't understand..", Alexine stares into my eyes. Her gaze was locked into mine, and there was something shiny in her eyes.

Tears.

There was something bigger behind this book. I stepped forward and opened my arms to let her collaps onto me. My arms were around her fragile body, holding her tight. But I could feel that she wasn't ready to let herself fall yet.

Alexine Lacroix was someone who never allowed herself to fall. To float.

And I waited. Because I would always wait for her. Whenever she decides to finally let go, I want to be the one who catches her. I want to be the one who listens to all of her problems. I want to be the one who will dry her eyes when everything falls apart.

And I want to be the person she falls hopelessly inlove with.

-

Maybe in another universe, she would finally love him back.