CHAPTER 25

Kalila

"And you did what?", I ask and took a bite. Lilith was sitting infront of Alexine and me, and somehow we got better along than before. It's because we expierenced the same shit. We've got followed by masked men on halloween and still didn't know who they were.

It was Thursday morning, ten minutes before the first lesson. The bench where we were sitting was uncomfortable, but I tried to focus myself on Lilith and Alexine.

Lilith shrugged her shoulders. "I slammed the door at him shut the next second. It was a reflex.". Alexine hides her twitching mouth. We were both looking at her with a questioning expression. "His little sister was there and you slammed the door infront of her older brother shut?", she asks.

"What was I supposed to do? Kiss him?", Lilith shakes her head in disgust.

Alexine couldn't hide her smiley face anymore and looked at us with a meaningful expression. "Maybe. I don't know. Let's change the topic. We need to find out tho the people where that followed us. I can't get this out of my mind."

I nod. Me neither. It scared the shit out of me. "And how are we supposed to do this?", I slowly say. She pointed at something behind me, and said:"You're going to question Jay a bit. Don't just ask him what he did on that day, he could lie. Wrap him around your finger."

I shake my head immediately. I am not going to do this. It's like jumping of a cliff without a good reason. Lilith leans in. "Come on, you already have him around your fingers. Just play a few tricks and leave."

Play a few tricks? What is he? A dog? His family owns one of the biggest companies, and his dad has a very good reputation. And I should 'wrap him around my fingers'? Fuck no. "I'm not doing this. How about you question Nicolas?", I cross my arms. She almost spitted her food out. "You're crazy."

I shrugged my shoulders and looked to my left. Alexine was sitting next to me, trying a little bit too much to not get noticed by us. She felt my gaze on her, but ignored it.
"Kalila, you're our only hope. He's a crazy man for you", Lilith's voice brang me back to reality. I would be the crazy one if I'll agree.

"I'll keep my mouth shut for 5 days if you'll do it", she insists. That was a good one.

"A month", I say. She annoyingly rolled her eyes and finally nodded. "Fine. You're going to Harrington today in lunch and come back with good information."

-

I didn't even need to search, I found Jay immediately. I don't even know why. Maybe it's because I can't get my mind off him since Nicolas drove me home. Or maybe because Jay's the first person who gave me the feeling that he's really intrested in me.

Fuck, I can't with him.

We wouldn't work together. There's no place for us both. He's off limits. Everything screams no in me, but there is something that really wants to forget about the rules for one day.

My life was always hard. Dad vanished the day I was born, my sister moved out as soon as she turned eightteen and Mom never allowed me to do something that made me happy.

I always lived with her pressure on my shoulders. My regular day starts with studying and ends with studying. She makes me feel like I'm worthless when I fail. And if I don't give my best on tests, she refuses to let me eat.

I’m glad we only live once, because I don’t want to do this again.

Jay headed into the school's library. I've never saw him in here. The library was big. There was a endless row of bookshelves and tables, so people could study in here. I often came here to study for exams, but I never saw Jay here.

I don't even know if he's good in school. Probably not. I can't imagine Jay even reading a normal lecture. His reputation is really that worse.

I slowly walked the halls of the library down and peeked in every single row of the bookshelves. If he's not here, he'll be probably sitting at a desk. I wonder if he went to see a doctor yet. His injuries looked bad. And I wonder why I care so much.

Fuck, this isn't going as planned. He's forbidden-

Jay was standing infront of a bookshelf, his head down, reading a book. His wounds were covered in bandages, but he looked better. I silently walked up to him, peeking behind his shoulders to see what he's reading. One thing that I definitely forgot is: he was way more taller than me.

He didn't seem to noticed me yet, so I nervously bit my lower lips. It was a bad habit of me.

"How long are you gonna stand behind me?", his deep voice appears. I flinched and automatically stepped back. But Jay didn't turn around. It was like he never said something.

I rub my hands on my pants and cleared my voice. Jay slowly turned around and faced me. His brown eyes looked directly in mine and his jaw softened. I raised a hand to greet him and tried to not make it too awkward.

I always thought that Jay Harrington was easy to read, like an open book that was waiting for someone to read the pages. And there was an expression in his eyes, that I never saw before.

And for the first time, I saw my reflections in someone else's eyes. But I never thought that Jay would be the person. He noticed my thoughtfull gaze and closed the book.

"Stop looking at me that way. It won't end well for both of us", Jay lowered his voice. Now, he was just inches away from me. He slowly raised his left hand, to carress my cheeks but it seemed like he changed his mind in the last moment. Like I was something really fragile. Something that he's afraid to scare and break. I raised my eyebrows. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know what?", Jay asked in a whisper-tone. I could feel his warm breath on me. There was a burning tension between us. Like a fire full of desire and hopes. I layed my hands on his chest, that was going up and down in a fast tempo, to keep the distance between us. "What?", I wanted to know.

His gaze dropped and landed on my lips. "Fuck the rules", Jay responded.

And then, his lips touched mine and I wish the time would stop forever.

-

Am I mean for letting you wait a week again to know what happend after?

Sorry for this bad chapter, I don't have the time to edit it because of school but I really wanted to update<3

Bear with me