Chapter 92

"It's okay, princess, it's alright," Loki's soothing voice was smooth and gentle.

"You're here," was all Wanda said as she kissed the back of my hand.

"Astraea," I looked up briefly in confusion before focusing more on Wanda's hand holding mine. "Sorry you were worried," I aimed at Wanda and Loki. "I don't... I wasn't there. But..."

"Shh, мёд, don't worry about it," Wanda ran her fingers through my hair. I leaned into her touch and sighed.

"She... she said it'd be okay, Enid," I continued rambling, trying to grasp onto her words. She was talking about Ally. Ally would be okay. She had to be.

"That's wonderful, princess. But we're worried about you right now," Loki murmured gently into my hair. One of his hands combed its way through my hair gently and the other held a steady spot on my leg, as if he wanted to make sure I wouldn't go anywhere.

"I... I'm sorry," I whispered as both of them gripped onto me tightly. "I didn't mean to..."

"Shh, мёд. It's not you're fault, beautiful."

"You're here, princess. You're here now, and that's all that matters."

And then there was a knock at the door before it opened to reveal Natasha. She had tears in her eyes at seeing me upright and she rushed over to me. Since I had someone on both sides of me she settled for climbing on top of my lap instead.

"детка," she whispered gently as she caressed my face. "I'm not dreaming, right?" she turned to ask Wanda.

"You're not dreaming, Hummingbird," I gently moved some of her hair out of her face. "I'm here." She leaned forward and kissed me gently. After she pulled away, I leaned my head forward to rest on her. "I'm sorry, darling," I told her after some moments of silene.

"No no, baby. Don't do that," she responded as she soothed my hair down.

"But you were worried-" I began but she silenced me with yet another kiss.

"None of that," she whispered. I sighed and leaned my forehead against hers as Wanda gently drew delicate patterns into the hand she still had in hers. Loki was still peacefully playing with my hair and I let myself fall into a content state of silence surrounded by three of my Avengers.

I allowed myself to forget about my absence and my worries for awhile and just be present in the moment with some of the people I cared most about in this world.