Chapter 86

"I did it," I whispered to myself in disbelief. I reached for my phone, knowing I needed to tell Wanda and Stephen about my successful trip. I knew they'd be mad at me for doing this on my own, but I hoped they understood why I had to.

"Hi мёд," came Wanda's soft voice on the other end of the line and I melted into the pillow nest I had created.

"I need you to not be mad at me," I blurted out. That's a great start to the conversation.

"What's wrong, мёд?" she asked, more on edge.

"I went there," I squeaked out. Wanda was quiet for a moment, likely processing.

"You went there?" she repeated in a question. "To Astraea?"

"Well... she was busy. I met someone else... Fëanor."

"You went on purpose?" Wanda questioned and I could hear her moving so I figured she was getting Stephen.

"...Yes," I mumbled lowly. "I... I had to... I- if they could do something..." I mumbled and Wanda sighed.

"That was reckless of you, мёд."

"I know... I know. But... Fëanor said he's going to consult one of the others, Enid. He said he'd see what she thought. Apparently, it 'wasn't his area of expertise'," I recited what Fëanor had told me.

"You met others?" Wanda said in a mixture of worry and curiosity.

"I was on edge at first... but he said I was adored by practically all within that realm. That I would not be harmed. Plus... when I said I needed help, he thought I was in trouble at first. He got very protective and angry. It was... scary, to be honest. But scary in the name of me, not at me, if that makes sense?"

"He wanted to protect you? Even in the mortal realm?"

"Seemingly, I guess. He didn't seem as neutral as Astraea. His form was much darker, with swirls of silver. He still encompassed the galaxies around us, but his form was so different at the same time," I remembered aloud. The more details I could give to Wanda and the rest of them, the better. I didn't want to forget anything or leave out anything important.

"Tell all of this to Stephen," Wanda said and then she handed the phone off. Stephen was a lot sterner about having traveled alone, but in the end had just sighed and said he was glad I was alright. I told Stephen absolutely everything I could remember about my trip and stayed up late into the night reciting everything I possibly could to him.