Chaper 42

All of the avengers were quickly notified of Ollie's condition and Bruce got Bucky to carry her up to the medbay. Most of the avengers crammed themselves into Ollie's hospital room and those who didn't were waiting out in the halls. Bruce contacted Dr. Cho as well as contacting Dr. Jemma Simmons who worked for SHIELD and studied inhumans extensively.

Dr. Strange was quick to respond to Wanda calling him, appearing in the tower only twenty minutes after she informed him of what was happening.

"Sorry I'm late," he rushed out as he rushed into Ollie's room and over to her bedside.

"I can't read her mind, Stephen," Wanda whispered from where she laid next to Ollie. She was curled up on the bed staring at Ollie and repeatedly trying to access her mind, beating herself up over the fact that she didn't even realize Ollie slipping away from her while she was right there.

"It'll be okay, Wanda. We will figure this out," Stephen told her gently as he briefly reached out to caress Ollie's face. He quickly retreated though, the absence of the soulmate eclectic touch sending an uncomfortable shiver through him.

"I've got people researching currently, which is why I was so late. I want to try to do a read on her at some point but I want to give Bruce a chance to make sure she's alright and everything first."

"He's bringing in Dr. Cho and SHIELD inhuman experts as well. Her vitals are all stable. Bruce is ordering an MRI with contrast of her brain and spinal cord, just to make sure. He also ordered a PET scan. Dr. Cho might be adding more tests once she gets here, but that's just what Bruce has ordered in the past twenty minutes," Natasha stated. A few of the avengers and Stephen stared at her with wide eyes but Clint just wrapped his arms around her.

"I know you're worried. But we're going to figure this out, Nat."

"She needs to be okay," Natasha stated, continuing to stare at Ollie with a blank expression. Clint knew her all too well, though. She was putting on a mask. Because if her expression wasn't blank, she'd either be crying or breaking things. Neither of which would be helpful at this very moment.

Clint noted that he'd have to bring Nat down to the rage room when he was able to pull her away from Ollie's bed side just so she has the chance to get out her emotions in a safe and controlled environment.