Chapter 62

I curled up on the couch in the common room after practice with some of the books Stephen had given me. I was reading them intermittently, but I also held some sort of understanding that none of them would help me learn anything about Astraea. Most of the books Stephen gave me were currently aimed to help me learn about myself, though. A lot of information on enhanced individuals -- which I was already fairly educated in -- and a lot of information on specifically empaths from his library. Most of the books he'd pulled for me on empaths were things I wouldn't have had access to on my own so there was at least new information for me to learn.

I sat on the couch for hours with a notebook and the books and took notes. I didn't feel any closer to figuring myself out, but I also knew I needed to give myself time... even if that was easier said than done. The elevator chimed and I looked up to see who would walk off of the elevator. Thor stepped off of the elevator causing me to smile. I didn't get the chance to interact with him often, but his energy was almost always bubbly, and it made me feel at peace.

"Hi Thor," I greeted as I placed my books to the side as I silently hoped he would stick around for a little while and provide me with something to do other than studying.

"Lady Ollie," Thor greeted with a surprised smile. "It has been a while!" He began to move towards the couch which caused my stomach to flutter with happiness.

"It sure has, it feels like we're always missing each other!"

"In your defense, you've been quite busy recently," he pointed out. I nodded as I thought back to Astraea.

"You're curious, aren't you?" I questioned as I felt a swirl of energy. I looked up at Thor and he was looking at me with an indescribable depth.

"I'd imagine it impossible to not be curious about your journey, Lady Ollie, but I do not wish to push."

"When she first showed up... I thought it was just my brain playing tricks on me. Part of me still wonders if that's what happened... but if it was, Stephen wouldn't have been able to reach me. He wouldn't have been able to see her. And that wouldn't explain my brain activity results in any way whatsoever. So... it had to be real. It happened. There are still so many questions... and I don't know where to even start," I began to spill to him. He had no expectations, no experience, and he wasn't so close to me that his instincts would be clouded by any sort of personal relationship.

"It was real, my Lady. You are right in that Strange would not have been able to find you if the occurrence had taken place in your mind," he offered up. I nodded in response as Thor took a proper seat next to me on the couch.

"She was... beautiful, Thor. She was only somewhat corporeal, and she blended with the galaxies surrounding us. It was like we were everywhere and nowhere all at once. Time didn't pass, time wasn't even a concept while I was there. There was nothing solid, but you could still be held in the exact space you wanted to be in without worry. It was... unlike anything I ever could have imagined. It was... impossible. It makes no sense, is what it is," I huffed.

"Things don't have to make sense, especially at first, my lady," Thor said, causing me to sigh.

"But I want it to make sense!" He chuckled low and deep which caused my stomach to flutter.

"All in time, my lady. You will come to learn more about this 'Astraea' of yours, as will you come to learn more about yourself as well." I sighed as I leaned back on the couch and threw an arm over my face covering my eyes.

"How much time?" I complained. The conversation mostly just became repetitive until Thor and I settled into watching a movie instead of talking; both of us growing tired of the circles we were chasing each other in with our words.