Chapter 35

When I woke up, Bucky was still holding me tightly and snoring lightly. I smiled slightly, shifting slightly in his arms to lay my head on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat for a while, letting the calming effect it had wash over me. But eventually my phone started vibrating from where it was plugged in on the table and I sighed, reaching for it.

I tried to not move Buck too much as I did, and seemed to be successful as I grabbed the phone and allowed myself to fall back into his arms. I noticed that the vibrating was Angie video calling, so I turned my volume down low and picked up the call. I put my finger up to my lips as an attempt to tell her to be quiet as I carefully maneuvered myself out of Bucky's arms.

"Oh, okay then," Angie giggled. I shook my head at her as I managed to free myself. I paused as Bucky's snoring stopped, worried I'd woken him up. But he still seemed to be asleep, so I quietly tiptoed over to the kitchen.

"Hey Ange," I smiled at her.

"Hello, Olive," she responded in a 'spill the beans' type of tone.

"NDA applies a bit here," I told her and she visibly deflated. I'd told her as much as I could about the situation, and that I had an NDA signed, and she understood. And she absolutely made her own assumptions.

"Really? Can you give me anything?" she whined.

"Well, I was upset and he stayed with me. That's a pretty good summary," I said as I looked at the time and realized it was four in the morning. I hope Steve wasn't worried about where Bucky was.

"That's sweet, at least," Angela replied.

"Yeah, it is. And he totally gets the self isolating thing I kind of started doing... Honestly there are some people here that really do understand me. It's just... hard?"

"I understand, sweetie. You've been through a lot, and it's been a long time since you've had to try to let new people in. It's been you and me and Misha against the world for a while."

"Awh, how is Mishka?" I asked, my spirits instantly lifting at the mention of him.

"He's doing alright! His travel plans did get incredibly messed up due to the pandemic, so he's been toughing it out back in Russia. But he's thinking of coming to stay with me for the pandemic instead! I'll tell him to give you a call when he has signal," Angela responded with a grin on her face as well.

"I'm sure it's been nice for him to visit extended family and such in Russia," I commented and Andie hummed while nodding.

"But that doesn't mean we, and his family, don't miss him," she pointed out.

"Exactly! Do you know how Miss Zakharov is doing? I miss her."

"She's doing alright! Although..." Angie fell into a face of contemplation.

"What, what's wrong?" I questioned, knowing that look well.

"It's about Alyona," she said, causing me to frown. Aly was Mishka's youngest sister, she was turning eleven next month. "She's sick... they think it's terminal... That's another reason Mish is so keen on getting back to the states..."

"That's... completely unfair. That family is so kind... dang. I might... maybe if things calm down a bit with the pandemic, we should go visit?"

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, sweetie. I'm sure Alyona would love to see you again," she said with a sad smile, "She always did adore you."

"And I always adored her, too."