Chapter 72

I spent a good chunk of the morning snuggling with Natasha and watching TV. But eventually Nat had training that she had to get off to, so I was on my own. I headed down to the common floor and as soon as I stepped off the elevator I was bombarded with emotions of glee, directly followed by Scott plowing into me and wrapping me in a huge hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," he chanted.

"Wha-?"

"I don't know what you did, or how you did it, but Cassie and the others are going to come live here! Tony told me like an hour ago! Thank you, Ollie," he told me as he squeezed me again before letting me go.

"That's wonderful news Scott!" I replied with a wide smile and my own happiness filtering through me. "I got him to agree for me to go on a field trip sometime in the near future, as well. I guess he was feeling... benevolent," I giggled.

"A field trip?" Loki spoke up causing me to jump. I hadn't even known he was there.

"Hi Loki," I yelped.

"Hello, little lamb. Come," he beckoned me, and I immediately obeyed. Loki wrapped me in a brief hug and when he relinquished me, he kissed me briefly before ordering me to sit. I complied once again, and he subsequently took a seat next to me.

"Now talk," Loki said simply.

"Well, you know about Angie. But I have another best friend, Mishka, who is like family to me. His family took me in when I desperately needed someone. And Mish's younger sister has been sick... probably terminal. Mish just flew back to the United States and is quarantining, and then we're going to go visit the Zakharov's." Loki was silent for a while, and I felt him sigh.

"I asked Natasha to come with me," I added after the silence became too uncomfortable. He nodded and his emotions swirled as he digested the information.

"May I accompany you?" he questioned. My breath caught in my throat, and I instantly regretted not even thinking of him when considering who to bring. Having so many soulmates was hard, and I wasn't even involved with most of them! How was I supposed to do this all? Could I really bring both soldiers, Loki, and Natasha to my hometown? My thoughts swirled and raced as Loki, Scott, and I sat in silence.

"I- I was also going to ask Buck and Steve..." I threw out hesitantly. Loki nodded a bit dejectedly. "But... I'm sure we can make it work. I would love to have you by my side," I added. Loki sighed again as he wrapped his arm around me.

"You don't have to make compromises for me, lamb. Would I like to go with you? Obviously. But I don't need to. And I don't want to put you in an even more complicated situation than what you're in."

"I- I don't know how this all is supposed to work," I admitted as I deflated back into the couch.

"I think... Ollie, I think you need to have some conversations," Scott spoke up causing me to look at him. "You need to figure out what expectations are in place with the people you're involved with. And even those you aren't currently involved with," he told me as he gave me a knowing look which caused blood to rush to my cheeks.

"This is uncharted territory, little lamb. This many soulmates... there's bound to be some bumps."