Chapter 66

"Hi," I whispered back to Natasha as she reached an arm out to wrap around me, offering me a bit more support as my legs became weak.

"There's no pressure here, детка, you know that, right?" she asked. I nodded so quickly and she smiled at me. "Good," she whispered as she ghosted her free hand over my face. "This is just me and you, little one. We take things at whatever pace you're comfortable with," she murmured. I nodded in response to her and leaned into her, looking up at her gorgeous face.

"And Wanda didn't tell me any of this, I could tell just from you, just for the record," she whispered to me.

"What did she tell you?" I questioned curiously.

"To take care of you, which I was already planning on," she responded. I smiled over her shoulder at Wanda, who was now engaging in a conversation with Sam and Scott. "Let's just go talk, or watch a movie, huh?" Natasha suggested and I nodded. She smiled and cautiously removed her arm from around me, making sure I could stand on my own, before taking my hand in hers. The energy that flooded through me was the one I had become accustomed to, sure. But there was also a nervous, anticipation type energy flowing through me in that moment. I knew it was probably just me, but it almost felt like it originated from where Natasha held me.

Nat guided me to the elevator, and I was glad to notice that none of the avengers were looking at us. On some level, I knew they were doing it on purpose. They didn't want to put me more on edge than I already was, and I appreciated that. When Nat told FRIDAY where to go I couldn't help but bring her hand that was in mine up to my lips and place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

"You're so cute, little one," she murmured as she glanced down at me. Her stare wasn't intense, but soft. She was always so soft with me. So gentle. It wasn't anything like what I had expected out of her from the first time we had met. It still surprised me, as a matter of fact.

I leaned up to kiss her and she returned the favor immediately, taking the opportunity to wrap her arms around me and pull me closer to her. When the elevator came to a stop, we pulled away breathlessly.

"I love kissing you," she whispered as she tried to catch her breath. My heart fluttered as I stared up into her eyes.

"I love kissing you, too," I responded genuinely.

"Let's go sit, hmm?" she suggested, unwrapping herself from me once again. I found myself sad to have her arms leave me, but she immediately took my hand in hers once again. We walked to my apartment, and I spared a glance at the couch before looking back at her. I smiled sheepishly at her before guiding her past the couch, but instead, towards the bedroom.