Chapter 47

Stephen was floating, a form of long-distance astral projection connected to Ollie specifically. Everything was blurry at first, causing him to blink a few times. The connection was... weak. Stephen acknowledged that whenever he was, he was extremely far away from where his body was.

"It appears we have a visitor," an ethereal silky voice stated, causing Stephen's head to snap in her direction. No one was supposed to see him when he was astral projecting.

"I'm assuming this is one of yours, my dear?" the figure questioned, turning to look at someone else. Stephen focused on this figure for a moment. She was... barley a physical form. He was barley able to make her out from the blur of galaxy and stars that surrounded them. But he realized, without a doubt, it was her.

"Ollie!" he called out. Ollie turned to face him.

"Stephen? What are you doing here?" she questioned, floating through space to reach him. He reached out to touch her but his hand just passed through her. He frowned as he remembered that he wasn't actually here.

"I'm astral projecting," he told her.

"It's nice to see you, Stephen," she said with a smile. "I didn't realize anyone could reach me here."

"Neither did I, my child. We are very far away from your earthly home," the ethereal figure spoke.

"Who are you?" Stephen asked candidly.

"Your people would not know me. Not even your acquaintances, Mr. Strange. But you may refer to me as Astraea," she responded.

"Are you safe?" he questioned, turning to Ollie.

"I am safe, Stephen. How long have I been gone?"

"A few days."

"Wow, time sure does pass differently here," she giggled. God had Stephen missed that giggle.

"We miss you," he said, his voice cracking with raw emotion in his voice.

"She shall return to your 'Avengers' rather soon, sorcerer. We are nearly through with our conversation for the time being."

"But there's so much more I want to know!" Ollie burst forth, turning to face Astraea.

"In time, child. But as your sorcerer states, you are dearly missed," she responded with a soft smile. She almost looked at Ollie with a sense of adoration. Stephen noted this, wondering why this being would care for Ollie... but then again, it was hard not to care for Ollie.

"Tell everyone I am alright. Tell them not to worry," Ollie said, turning to Stephen. "I have a few more questions... I won't ask them all for your guy's sake. I'll be back... soon. I don't know how the time dilation works, exactly, but I will be back," Ollie told him.

"I don't want to leave you," Stephen whispered but no words could be hidden in this space, they found there way to Ollie regardless.

"I know, darling. I'm sorry but I promise I will return soon," she told him, raising her hand up to his cheek. He expected her hand to pass right through him but to his surprise he felt her caress. She smiled, mumbling about how cool that was, before leaning forward to lightly kiss Stephen.

"I promise I'll return," she whispered to him and then he was shunted back into his body gasping for air.