Chapter 80

✨I accidentally forgot to write a Christmas/Yule chapter, so I guess I'm just launching us into sadness for Yule! My bad✨

       "Tony," I heard Bucky say into his phone. His voice was serious and stern and I stared at him in a numb sense of awe. "We need to get Ollie and her friends a flight."

"Yes, yes, I know, Tony. Quarantine blah blah. Alyona has taken a turn for the worse." Bucky listened for a moment and nodded at whatever Tony was saying. "We're in her apartment. Babygirl, you alright if Tony comes up?" Bucky questioned and I nodded.

Within minutes Tony was walking into my apartment and he beelined straight for me. I reached out for him from the couch and he immediately collapsed beside me and took me into his arms.

"We'll get you guys there. No problem. When can Mishka and Angie be packed?" he questioned. I looked at the phone to where Mish was still on the other end, but the phone was facing the ceiling.

"Mish?" I questioned.

"Yes cupcake?" his response was immediate as he picked up the phone.

"When can you and Ange be packed?"

"Within the hour, Olive," I heard Angie's voice respond as she gently pushed Mish to continue what he was doing and took the phone from him. "How are you holding up, sweetie?" she questioned, briefly eyeing Tony's arms encasing me but deciding that it wasn't the time to talk about that subject.

"I... I don't know, honestly." Angie nodded in response and made a comment about how that was a reasonable response.

"We'll have the jet fueled and ready to go in the next two hours," Tony said directly to Angie. Angie looked shocked for a moment and then nodded.

"Where are we to meet you, Mr. Stark?" she questioned.

"Please call me Tony, Angela," he said before telling her which airfield to meet us at.

"I need to pack..." I stated numbly. "Can you call Nat?" I looked over to Steve and asked. Steve nodded and immediately did as I asked. "And... Loki wanted to come with me, too. So... if you could call him as well," I noted. Bucky was the one to accept that task as Tony relinquished me to go begin packing. Angie and Mishka stayed our video call but I left them in the hands of Tony in case there was anything else he needed to tell them.

I was quick to pull my suitcase down from my closet and began throwing in some of the most comfortable clothes I owned, as well as the basics like socks and underwear. Once I had finished with them I moved on to more presentable clothes... an area in which I did not excel. I gravitated towards the back of my closet, where I had been storing a special dress. I felt the dread settle into my stomach again as I ran my hand over the simple black garment. The dress I had bought for Ally's funeral, if the day were to come. I delicately took the dress off of the hanger and brought it over to my suitcase. I neatly put it in and stared at it for a few moments longer before Natasha entered the room.

"Oh детка," she said gently as she walked over and delicately laid her hand on my shoulder.

"I need your help with actual presentable clothes," I told her and she nodded.

"Of course, детка," she said. She was quick to help me choose my clothing before going back to her own room to quickly pack, just as the super soldiers were doing. Tony was still on my couch on the call with Ange and Mishka and he informed me that Loki was also on his way down. After I had packed everything I needed I fell onto the couch beside Tony and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry you're going through this, baby girl. If... if I could cure her, you know I would," he whispered to me. Tears welled up in my eyes and I nodded.

"I know... I know," I responded as I was overwhelmed with emotion. Not just about Alonya, but about how much these people actually cared about me.

"Would you... would you be open to Bruce joining us? Possibly for a second opinion?" Tony asked gently.

I shrugged but then added, "No speaking to the Zakharov's for the first day... please." Tony nodded in response before continuing to make the needed arrangements.