Chapter 23

After dinner I did ask if anyone wanted to help me move furniture. Wanda was right, everyone wanted to help. So after we cleaned up we all headed up to my apartment, everyone talking and laughing.

I kept Stephen next to me, having him help me direct people on where to put things. Tony did try to whine about him not helping, but with a glare from me he stopped and helped Scott move a chair. It only took a few hours for the place to be sufficiently furnished and much more cozy. Sure, the walls and bookshelves were still bare, but everything else was for the most part perfect.

"Now just to fill the place with books and trinkets and pictures," I sighed, plopping onto the couch in the main living room. The huge space had been divided into the main living room, a more activity based space, and then a place I dedicated to being a cozy safe space. There was essentially a large daybed out of the way divided off by bookshelves. There was a canopy covering the space, and there were shelves that I planned to fill with stuffed animals, fidget toys, and comfort items. The bed itself I planned to be overflowing with soft pillows, blankets, and more stuffed animals. I hadn't gotten all of the small items yet, so it hadn't reached peak comfort area, but it was getting there.

"Ooh, we should take a group picture and get that framed!" Peter suggested. While a few people started to groan, my face lit up.

"That's an amazing idea! Can we?" I asked, turning to everyone else.

"Printsessa, we could never deny you," Pietro was the first to speak. I looked around and everyone nodded, agreeing to the group photo, some more begrudgingly than others.

"Can we take it tomorrow? We're all tired and sweaty," Scott threw out. I turned to look at Stephen, giving him the best puppy dog eyes I could manage.

"Stephen... would you be willing to stay to take a picture with us?" I asked. He looked down into my eyes and sighed.

"I will stay," he said with a roll of his eyes. I jumped up, clapping, and threw my arms around him in a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Most people slowly trickled out of my apartment soon after that, eventually leaving me with just Wanda, Natasha, Steve, and Bucky.

"I have some ideas," Wanda told me, looking around at my rather blank walls. "We'll get together sometime in the next couple of days for a brainstorming session, alright мёд?"

"What does that mean?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh, it means honey," she explained, and I smiled.

"It was nice cooking with you today. I like being around you," I told her. She leaned forward and quickly kissed me, which I hadn't expected.

"I like being around you, too," she whispered before hopping up, saying her goodbyes, and leaving.

"We should get going too, baby doll. Let you get some sleep," Bucky said as Steve and he stood up.

"Thank you guys for helping," I smiled at them, standing as well. Bucky walked over to me and immediately took me in his arms, kissing me passionately and hard.

"One of these nights, doll, we gotta make sure I don't go home," he whispered in my ear, nipping at it, before pulling away from my body completely. I nodded, my legs weak. Steve was there to support me, though, and he smiled down at me.

"It's always a pleasure, darling," he said, kissing my forehead. The pair of them left, leaving just Natasha and I.

"Can I stay?" she questioned. I smiled at where she was sprawled across my couch.

"At least come to bed," I told her, reaching my hand out. She scrambled up off of the couch and took my hand. She let me lead us to my bedroom, where I went to the closet and changed.

"You need more clothes, детка," she told me, causing me to look at her.

"Oh- well I-" she shook her head, so I stopped.

"Sweetie, you deserve to be treated right. You have the tiniest wardrobe I have ever seen. How about tomorrow you and I do some online shopping? No looking at prices allowed." I was quiet for a moment, so she came and wrapped her arms around me.

"You deserve the world, детка. Let us give it to you," she said, kissing my shoulder. I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't, but Nat seemed okay with that. Nat stripped out of her leather pants like she had the first time she stayed the night and crawled into bed, beckoning me to join her.

"You can keep some pajamas here, if you'd like," I said, crawling into bed. She wrapped her arms around me and I became the little spoon as I held her hand that wrapped around my chest.

"I'll keep that in mind," she whispered, kissing my temple, and then telling me to go to bed. It didn't take me long to fall asleep curled up in Nat's arms, feeling safe.