Chapter 91

Somewhere along the way I ended up in bed. Loki and Natasha barley left my side, and the others were often around as well. At some point, Wanda and Tony were there. I distantly wondered how long I'd been in a general state of disconnect.

I was able to go through the motions for basic necessities. Going to the bathroom. Drinking water. Even eating, when food was put in front of me, and I was prompted. They all talked me through every step. There was almost always someone's voice in the distance, speaking to me about one thing or another. There were a lot of reminders of being safe. Someone told me that Mish, Angie, and mom were asking how I was doing. Someone mentioned they wanted to come visit.

"Hey there, kiddo," a gentle voice carried. Bruce... that was Bruce. He talked to me a lot. "Things with Alonya are going alright. She seems a bit stronger." That was good. That was really good. "Her labs are getting better, too. It doesn't quite make sense," a breathy partial laugh escaped him. "Maybe that Enid of yours is doing something..."

So they told him about that. It makes sense. It involved Ally, and he was involved in her healthcare. Alonya was the first real thing I was able to grasp from becoming so distant. Alonya was getting better.

"She seems to be in good spirits, too. She's missing you, though. It'd be really nice if you could see her..."

Bruce left at some point, but thoughts of Alonya occupied my head. She was feeling better, at least a little bit.

'It'll be okay' the thought reverberated through my brain and bounced against the edges of my consciousness. That wasn't me, that wasn't my voice.

'Enid?'

'They're worried, child.' Another voice reverberated through my brain. I knew that voice... Astrea. And all of a sudden it felt like I was shunted back into my body. I took a big gasp of air as Loki and Wanda jumped up.

"Princess?"

"мёд?" The phrases came at the same time.

"Ally-" I croaked.

"Yeah, Bruce was here a bit ago. Things are looking up," Wanda said as she kissed the back of my hands.

"I... Enid," I muttered in confusion. "And... Astraea?"