Chapter 79

✨Authors note: Woaw! Hi! It's my birthday! I'm anxiety inducingly old today! I appreciate every single one of you for being here on this journey with me! ♡ In some cases, it's been hard. But it's been absolutely worth it. There have been times where you all have kept me going, and I absolutely appreciate that. I am going to mention that on my profile I do have a linktree and through there I do have an amazon registry gift list, if anyone ever wanted to be extremely generous and gift anything to my kitties or I. I love you all so much and am looking forward to where ever the journey of this story takes us. ♡ Thank you all.✨

            I yawned as my eyes fluttered open only to realize that Steve, Bucky, and I were all entangled on the couch. I smiled sleepily at the boys as I let my fingers dance over Bucky's skin lightly. They were solid and warm, but mostly, they were comforting. When my phone started to ring, I groaned and reached for where it had ended up on the floor. I saw that it was a video request from Mish and instantly picked it up.

"Hi Mish," I mumbled out.

"Cupcake," he sniffled and instantly I was sitting up in alarm.

"What's wrong?"

"Ally... she isn't doing well..." My heart broke hearing Mishka sound so defeated.

"When are we going?" I questioned.

"My... my quarantine is over today," he said as he swiped at tears that were threatening to spill down his face.

"What's wrong?" I heard Steve mumble from where his head was rested on my legs.

"... I... it's Mishka. I... Alyona is..." I tried to get something coherent out to no avail. Bucky sat up instantly at the sound of my distress and pulled me closer to him.

"When are you going?" he questioned, seeming to immediately be alert and informed of the situation. I looked at the phone where Mish was and then looked back to Steve.

"I- I don't know," I said.

"I... as soon as possible?" Mish said and I nodded in agreement.

"We can talk to Tony, Baby girl," Bucky muttered into my shoulder before placing a kiss there.

"I don't want to be a bother-" Mish started but Bucky cut him off.

"You're not being a bother. You need to see your sister." Mishka sat silently and swayed as he tried to take in the information.

"We'll get to her," I whispered out. Mishka nodded as a few more tears dripped down his face.

"She doesn't deserve this," he responded brokenly.

"She doesn't," I responded. "She's... the best thing. The sweetest person. She doesn't deserve this."

"This isn't how I wanted us to return home, cupcake," he said with a half laugh as several tears fell from his tear ducts.

"I know, Mish, I know. But we have each other, alright? And... and hopefully..." I trailed off. I didn't want to think about whether Ally would make it through or not. Because there was a sinking feeling in my gut... a feeling that was telling me that this wouldn't have the ending that we all were hoping for.