Chapter 83

It was a little difficult to explain to Mrs. Zakharov that the people accompanying me were there for my protection, and because they cared about me. The only one she seemed to recognize was Steve, which took even more explaining. Eventually she just decided to stop asking questions and I got the feeling that she suddenly realized why exactly they cared for me, especially since there was a pink tinge to her cheeks.

"How is Ally doing, mama?" Mishka asked and her face fell into a somber frown.

"She's not doing well, Mishka. She seems to be rejecting her most recent treatment... and her organs are shutting down."

"When do we get to see her?" I questioned gently.

"Visiting hours are closed for the day, but tomorrow morning we can head over. There are only two people allowed at a time, so you will have to take turns," she said, and we all nodded.

"I'm going to be staying nearby, but considering I am traveling with so many people we decided to stay elsewhere. Tony Stark has a home in the area that we'll be staying in," I informed her. She nodded and eyed me with a glint in her eyes.

"They better be taking care of you," she said in a stern voice, but the sternness didn't reach her eyes.

"They do, mama. They take really good care of me," I assured her.

"Good. You deserve the absolute best."

"And I believe I have found it," I commented with a smile. Loki and Natasha were across the room talking with one another and I smiled at them. I really had found the best, even if the situation was incredibly complicated. All of them were more than I could have ever hoped for on their own. So, to have all of them? It truly was something I never would have dreamed of in a million years.

"Do you need something, Little Lamb?" Loki questioned, having noticed I was looking in their direction.

"No... just keep being you," I responded. Loki cocked his head a bit in confusion but smiled at me regardless.

"Always, Princess."

"You deserve all of this happiness and more, my dear," Mrs. Zakharov assured me.