64. Only I can bully her...

Começar do início

"Secret?" Her mouth twitched a little. "You call it secret?" 'The hell! Someone calling pizza secret!?

"Yes." Heidith nodded sincerely. "I learnt how to make it by watching a middle aged woman doing it. She refused to give me the recipe so I learnt it myself. I added my own things too. Since I didn't know how to address it, I named it as 'Secret'."

"Do you know where she is now?" Zadhea asked, trying hard not to sound so enthusiastic although, her entire soul was shaking with excitement and expectation.

"No. It's been many years. I can't even remember her face let alone where she lives. Don't worry, I can make as much as you want. The taste is the same, maybe even better."

Zadhea's face dimmed. "No need." She felt disappointed as all her hopes shattered into pieces. "Can't you really remember her?" She tried one last time. "Think harder. You might recall something."

"No." Heidith knew for sure. "I was like eight years old when I met her."

"Eight?" Zadhea was stunned. She knew his pizza was almost identical to a modern cheese pizza. He learnt it when he was just eight? She felt it was impossible. "Wow! You really are impressive."

"Thanks." He smiled. "Feel free to name anything you desire. I can cook anything for you."

His words made Zadhea's brow go up as she remembered a saying, 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.' wasn't it the opposite here? Heidith was trying to win her over by cooking for her!

"No need." She rolled her eyes. "I did say they were yummy earlier but the truth is... They are actually average," She lied. Her stomach shed tears when it heard her, scolding her. 'Idiot!'

Heidith felt a little hurt when he heard that. "Oh." He smiled bitterly. "Thanks for being honest. Next time, I'll try harder to impress you."

"No need," Zadhea directly refused. "I don't need your sympathy. I'll take care of my meals in the future myself. I don't want to rely on you."

"You can always rely on me. It's perfectly fine." Heidith's eyes filled with honesty. "Actually, I love it. I really, really do."

"But I hate it," Zadhea said back. "I don't want to depend on you. I don't even like you. Whom do you think you are? In my eyes, you're just a nobody. This engagement, our relationship... Everything is fake, Heidith. So please grow up! Don't say I took advantage of you in the future. Because I didn't and I don't want to. I would never take advantage of you. So please leave me alone." Zadhea went on and on until her mouth went dry. "Find someone else."

"What?" Heidith laughed angrily as his eyes turned dangerously dark. "Just like you did?"

"Huh?" Zadhea knitted her eyebrows. "What are you saying?"

"You know what, I'm such a fool." Heidith brushed a hand through his hair looking devastated, making his neatly combed hair messy. "You'll never change. Why should I waste my time on a person like you? You are right." He nodded continuously like a mad guy. "I should... No, no, I MUST find someone else!"

"Congratulations then. I hope you find the perfect one for you," Zadhea said, rather mockingly.

"I want no one else." Suddenly Heidith rushed towards her, pulling her into his arms. "I only want you, Zie Zie."

"Hellow?" Zadhea snapped her fingers before his eyes, making Heidith snap back to reality. "Should I repeat it again? Congra.. wait, wait. If you can't find someone, feel free to seek help from me. I'll help you to find a girl, a good one."

"No need," Heidith spat out before leaving, slamming the door behind him.

Zadhea fell on a chair nearby. Sorry, Heidith. I had to do it. I think Evelyn isn't correct. You like me. I guess, yeah. Or else, would you bother to cook for me? I'm sorry. I can't fall in love. If I fall in love with you, the day I go back, will be the most painful day in your life. I don't want that! Better we remain as enemies. That way, you won't find it difficult to... Kill me.