Chapter 54- Sweet Revenge

Start from the beginning

******************************************************************************
On the day of Award function:

"Manik, pick one among these" Siya said showing me 2 dresses. "You would look good in both of these" I said carried away in my thoughts. Nandini hasn't talked to me in these 2 days nor she gave me any chance to meet her. Galti meri thi aur maafi bhi maang raha hu na, aur kya chahiye usse. "Stop being formal, please select one" Siya was firm and I have selected a red dress for her. Aaj tho wo award function mein aayegi, she would look angelic in red. I got ready and came back to pick Siya up. ''Looking like a Greek god'' Siya said as she hugged me from the back. Involuntarily I took her hands off of me. ''Kya hua?'' Siya asked me but I didn't know why I did that. ''Sirf  tum dono hi jayenge ya hum bhi tumhare saath aa sakte hai kya'' Alya got decked up as a diva and met us for the star studded night. While everyone seemed excited for the award function I'm worried about Nandini. 

Alya, Dhruv and Siya got indulged in their chit chat and Nandini is constantly on my mind. I have been eagerly waiting for her as we entered the venue. Dhruv, as usual got indulged in others and the media coverage is on full swing. ''Manik Malhotra, you have won this award for the third time in a room, so it is a hat-trick hit for you, what would you like to say about it?'' the host on the Red-Carpet asked me. ''Releasing a good movie every year and delivering good content itself is an achievement for me, so this is award will be the icing on the cake'' I said and they have asked Siya about her award. ''Well, that's a surprise for me, even though the movie received mixed reviews and critical response, I'm happy that could get my hands on this'' she said. What would Nandini had said if she is asked the same. Who would she give the credit! 

Nandini walked down wearing a red overflowing fish cut dress, she knew how to instantly put a smile on my face. She was shining like a star, yes she is truly a star. Even though she did not won the award today, she will win it one day. Why is she out of my sight? Why can't I find her now? ''Manik'' Siya tapped and signed me to go inside. Was I dreaming about Nandini till now? I'm curious to see her now. But why isn't she here yet? Is she not coming here? I took my phone and dialed her number. She isn't picking up my calls now but I got to try now. But there is so uncommon and unusual and unfortunately I had to witness. 

Nandini is in her never expected avatar. She wore a bodycon backless black dress which ended just above her knees. It's not that I have never seen any girl in this attire, but Nandini tonight seemed like a volcano dressed in black. Her winged eye liner is enough to kill me. Her long flowing hair is also tied in a messy bun today. She did not looked sad or gloomy but is cheerful. She never dropped any hints of being sad. Maybe she is back to normal now or can I at least hope for it. She hugged Aryaman as she saw him. She looked at me but did not pay attention. I know I would get her but I'm sure she will make it too hard. My heart raced as Siya's name is announced to take the award. She looked so happy and hugged me when she is back. ''The best debut actress of the year goes to Nandini Murthy'' the host announced. Nandini adorned the stage and said she is very delighted to receive this award. That means Nandini had finally understood what I wanted to say. Uss din tho jald baazi mein usse propose tho kiya but I have to wait for her answer. I hope she says yes.

''This award is not mine, the only reason and the only person who I will dedicate this award to is Mr. Manik Malhotra'' she said and it was totally unexpected. ''He is my producer and my co-actor. Being an award winner himself, I would like to take this award from him, that would be my privilege'' she said. Is Nandini Okay! Why is she saying like this? Aryaman looked at me worried and Dhruv persuaded me to go. Disheartened I went on stage and she hugged me. ''Nandini'' I whispered into her ear. ''I would like to take this award from you Manik'' she said and I did as she said. ''Thank you for selecting me for this role, thank you for being my mentor, thank you for this award and thank you for everything'' there is no sadness in her voice, I was looking for her sarcasm at least but couldn't find any. ''Why are you doing this Nandini?'' I whispered to her. ''This is what you wanted Manik, don't you?'' she said and left from there. 

''Wow, I never knew you and Nandini shared such a good bond'' Siya said. What is it Nandini wanted to prove? There is something wrong with her. I thought she would be hurt but no, she did show any such signs. ''Congratulations for the best actress award Siya'' Nandini congratulated Siya. ''Thank you so much and congrats to you too'' Siya said. ''You must have done an amazing job, so you deserved this'' Nandini said. ''Does that mean you haven't watched the film'' Siya asked confused. ''No, I've watched it twice'' Nandini paused and then said, ''because I have slept for the first time''. Siya was puzzled at her behavior and so am I. ''Queen Victoria character has an enormous scope to play, and you have exceled it'' Nandini said. ''Is it your first time that you bought it?'' Nandini asked her. ''What?'' I tried to stop Nandini but she has already gone wild. ''In case if I had more money, I would have bought best actress and not the best debut actress'' Nandini said. Not only me but Dhruv and Aryaman also knows where she is going. There were only few people around us and not many could actually hear us. I had to stop Dhruv as I can't afford to create a scene there.

''What are you saying Nandini?'' Siya's voice trembled. ''You are so lucky to have Manik in your life, I've heard in shaayaris that main tumhare liye chaand sitaare launga but Manik ne tho tumhare liye award laaya, ye bhi sitara hi hai na'' Nandini instigated Siya. ''Nandini, please stop the non-sense'' I said holding her hand but she took her hand back. ''Let me tell her about you Manik, how you bought this award for her when I was truly deserving this?'' she said. 

''Manik, is she true? Did you buy this for me?'' Siya asked me while Nandini walked away.