Ch. 67 Concern About After The Holidays

Crosshairs' P.O.V.
Frag, this is not good. Add this hasn't happened in the seven months he's been dealing with anxiety. Passing out isn't much better, but I'd rather deal with that. These seizures are scary to watch. I tell Sideswipe to get Ratchet while I keep Sunstreaker from falling off the couch. The seizure doesn't last long from the time I walked into the room. Sunstreaker is out of it.
"Easy, you're ok."
He grabbed my hand. I see fear in his eyes. Jamie sits on the coffee table, worried. I doubt we can stick to the plan.
Once the medics walk in with a stretcher, I pick Jamie up and walk out of the room.

Sideswipe takes Jamie so I can inform Drift what just happened. I doubt this is going to help. I hope Lily isn't part of the convention. She's going to be terrified to hear Sunstreaker had a seizure.

Sideswipe tells me Jamie wanted to lie on Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker hugs her.
Ratchet is concerned with the sudden seizures even with normal scans. Drift, and I have seen this before, but it's still not great if seizures are going to be frequent.

Drift's P.O.V.
"Drift!" Lily smiles and hugs me.
I was hoping she wouldn't see me. I knew she'd wonder if Sunstreaker was with me.
"Go upstairs," Lexie tells Lily.
Not exactly a good thing to say, but I don't want Lily to know how bad Sunstreaker is struggling. More than she saw in the video Luke filmed.
Lexie and Mason don't like what they're hearing. Even though they know Sunstreaker struggled with anxiety before they decided Lily is to go home. I know adding the situation with Jamie might ruin things further, but this could also help.
" ... Jamie says they're friends, and—" my phone going off worries me, "scrap."
"What's wrong, Drift?" Lexie asks.
"Um... there's a serious issue," I show them my phone.
Lexie and Mason read the text.
"Damn, all because you're talking to us," Mason sighs.
The two want to know more about Jamie. I doubt this will influence their decision.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
Jamie is afraid after seeing what happened. I'm afraid this is something new I'll be dealing with. 
This is getting terrifying. Sideswipe says through the bond.
I don't know what to do. Going home seems like my only option to not deal with anxiety.
That's not going to help. Sideswipe argues. I know it's hard not to think our sire is right. Drift is talking to Lily's parents, and Optimus and Rung will talk to them if need be. Unfortunately, things will not be how you want until after the new year. At least Jamie sees you as a friend. Sideswipe explains.
I know, but...
"Sunstreaker? Are you ok?" Jamie asks, seeing tears roll down my face.
I don't know what to say. I pull Jamie down onto my chest and hug her.
Crosshairs takes Jamie out of the room. Ratchet wants me to stay overnight, but it's pointless.

I don't know how much time has passed before I see Drift run into the room. Was he thinking I'd be in critical condition?
"What happened?" He asks as he moves a chair by the bed.
"How'd the conversation go?"
Drift is concerned. I forgot Ratchet put me on the monitor. Apparently, just asking the question is causing anxiety.
"They know about the situation with Jamie —."
"You didn't? How's that helping?"
"More evidence that Lily will be safe with you."
"And?"
"As I thought, they're still sticking to their new plan. Letting Lily come back in the new year. I want you to spend the rest of October with Jamie, and hopefully, you won't question if your friendship with her will be lost once she leaves."
"She was worried about him," Jolt adds, "scans are normal. The diagnosis is non-epileptic seizures. Therefore temporary. The question is, how temporary?"

Drift's P.O.V.
"I'm worried about you," I tell Sunstreaker, "I don't know if I can leave while you're like this."
We'll be going back to Jamie's dimension in a month, but I want Sunstreaker to know how worried I am. Crosshairs isn't here, but I believe he'd be expressing how worried he is. I knew Jamie telling him the two are friends wouldn't help.
I find out Ratchet told Crosshairs to take Jamie out of the medbay, though rest isn't going to help Sunstreaker. I decide to stay with him until dinner.
Drift: I'm staying with Sunstreaker until dinner.
Crosshairs: I'll bring Jamie back.
Drift: I'll let Ratchet know. It's not like rest is going to help Sunstreaker.

Jamie runs in, carrying her tablet. She gets on the bed, sitting on Sunstreaker now that the head of the bed is at ninety degrees.
I thought she would find a way for the two to do art. Instead, she has Sunstreaker playing a game.
Crosshairs takes a few pictures before leaving.
Lexie: we don't do anything with other family for New Year. I'm going to plan a little party.
Drift: anything that can be last minute. We can't plan weeks in advance yet.
Lexie: got it. I hope he'll be ok. I worry Lily is getting depressed.
Hopefully, Crosshairs, Jamie, and I can return the day after Christmas. Right now, I think I need to be with Sunstreaker. It's better than the medics or Rung.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
A half-hour of games is enough. Drift convinces Ratchet to discharge me at five when we get dinner, so I'm stuck here for another hour. Jamie finds something to watch. With Jamie leaving in two weeks, I need to focus on her. I doubt I won't be thinking about how our relationship will be when Jamie returns. Drift will likely let me contact him, but with how Jamie is, I don't think she'll talk to me on the phone.

The fact that Jamie is afraid to ask if I want to go to Panera Bread after dinner is my proof. I remember Crosshairs and Drift telling me she doesn't talk much to them. Rarely will she tell them what she wants or needs. They hate how they've learned cues due to this. The reason why angers me.
Uh, Sunstreaker?
Jamie is afraid to ask me to go to Panera Bread after dinner. Remember what her guardians told us? I hate this. I explain.
I didn't think I'd feel Sideswipe getting angry.
"It's ok, we'll get cookies after dinner," I tell her.
The three of us head to the cafeteria.