Ch. 46 Anger

Drift's P.O.V.
Beeeep!!
I wake up, frightened, looking around the room. It was only a nightmare. Jamie's vitals are stable. I struggle to relax while sitting on the edge of the cot. I didn't think Crosshairs would sleep on a chair. How the frag is that comfortable? I kiss Jamie before leaving the room, but I don't want to go far. After the nightmare, just being in the hallway isn't relaxing.

"I didn't think you'd be this bad," I hear Crosshairs, realizing his hands are on my shoulders, "do we need to go back to our room?"
"No! I can't leave—!"
"Calm down, she's ok."
I can tell he's worried, and I doubt it's just me he's worried about. Our little lady could deal with a serious complication, and who knows how she'll be when she wakes up? I suspect he'll ignore me if I ask how he's feeling about this. I hate how he tries to hide how he's feeling. 

We sit by the bed, holding Jamie's hand like during the nightmare situation and after Lightning attacked Jamie. This is more creepy than relaxing. Even if her vitals are stable compared to those situations.
I'm beginning to feel like we're meant to deal with shit like this every two years.

Crosshairs' P.O.V.
I didn't plan to have Drift fall asleep by the bed, but I think he'd immediately panic if I told him to return to bed. I'm not leaving him like this. It's not a challenge carrying him to the cot. I didn't think Ratchet would agree to this. The room is cramped, and it'll be challenging to get in if there's an emergency. I trust Ratchet would only allow this if it was unlikely Jamie would decline, but there's still the chance she will decline.
"I can't tell you how worried I am, even if it's a fraction of how you feel, but I think she'll be ok."
I hope we don't deal with serious complications. 

Ratchet is concerned about the night Drift had but believes the now two days will help Jamie.
"I hate this. It's like every two years, we're meant to deal with scrap," I sigh, "I know we deal with Jamie's mental struggle, and I shouldn't be saying it's better than seeing her in the medbay like this..."
Ratchet says nothing, but most bots have discussed this and Jamie's mental state challenges. Few know Drift's struggle with watching the human he loves go through scrap like this.
Lightning is also not pleased hearing how last night went. I worry she's thinking about Jamie's recovery after she attacked Jamie. It sucks watching Jamie go through scrap, but it's not helping that we're all haunted by memories. This makes me wonder how bad are Jamie's memories? 

Lightning leaves as the terror twins walk into the room. I know she's still pissed, no matter how often I tell her Sunstreaker saved Jamie. Even though we also lucked out and Jadin didn't cloak the device. I know she's worried about what we'll deal with when Jamie wakes up.
"She'll never trust me; I'm out," Sunstreaker says and tries to leave.
"Hold on," I insist, stopping Sunstreaker from leaving, "she's just like the rest of us, tired of seeing Jamie struggle. We can't send you to Cybertron while Jamie is terrified you're looking to kill Drift and me. It will be rough, but we need to deal with the problem."
"I wish we could deal with everything hurting her," Sunstreaker comments, "I don't know everything, but I know the bots who do know hate what Jamie is going through."
"It's a long story, but we'll talk about it after we deal with the current problems," Drift promises.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I don't know about going with these two to the cafeteria. It's only eight-thirty. We'll likely be seeing Lightning. I don't even have to try to cause problems at this point.

As I figured, Lightning is in the cafeteria, furious I'm with Crosshairs and Drift. Crosshairs knows the risk he's taking, insisting I stick around. I'm worried as Crosshairs has Lightning walk out of the cafeteria with him.
"You see why I can't stay here? I can't believe this, choosing to leave Jamie terrified or destroying Crosshairs' relationship with his sister."
We watch Optimus walk out of the cafeteria, concerned. I can't sit here knowing Crosshairs could be arguing with his sister. I ignore Drift telling me to stay here as I walk towards the exit.

".... she's terrified of him. He got her to think this adventure needs to end. He needs to get far away from here!" Lightning rages.
Crosshairs repeats what he has been telling her. Optimus reminds her that he must consider what Jamie will deal with when making decisions. I know he hates seeing Jamie upset.
"You hurt her or her guardians, I will send your aft to Cybertron!" Lightning threatens and slaps me before walking away. Crosshairs looks terrified.
"Scrap, I hope she's not going to scold Sideswipe," I fret, "this is a fragging disaster."
Crosshairs runs after Lightning. All I can do is return to the cafeteria.

Drift looks horrified as I sit down.
"What did she do?!" He asks.
"It's that obvious? She's still not liking the idea that I'm allowed to be around Jamie. I hope she doesn't go after Sideswipe. He's already regretting his idea. How the frag are you not?"
Drift sighs, "I do not like how upset she'll be for a while. That nightmare could return, but we'd be ignoring the problem if we don't do something about it. It's a complicated situation."
Uh, so did Lightning rage at you? Sideswipe asks.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
"This wouldn't have happened if you didn't suggest your psychopath of a brother should be friends with Jamie!" Lightning rages.
I can't believe what I've caused seeing Crosshairs argue with Lightning, but I know he and Drift have been thinking about the situation and what's best for Jamie. They don't want to see her upset, but unfortunately, we're at the point where we can only choose how often we see her upset. Even knowing we could see her struggle mentally, even if I didn't suggest Sunstreaker befriending Jamie, isn't helping.
"Fine!" Lightning rages and walks away.
"Don't even," Crosshairs scolds, "she's just not liking how Sunstreaker is a psychopath trying to befriend Jamie. You remember she was involved with helping Lily not be terrified of Sunstreaker."
"At least Lily wasn't in the medbay often. I know that's why she hates this idea."
"Lightning isn't going to listen to me, but Sunstreaker wasn't behind any of the incidents that resulted in Jamie in the medbay. For one, we know if he did any of the actions, he wouldn't try to visit her. I know he doesn't hide how pleased he is that his victim is dying or pissed they're being helped."

We return to the cafeteria. Seeing Lightning sitting with the other femmes, seeing she slapped Sunstreaker good.
"That was ten minutes ago," Sunstreaker informs us.
His cheek is still red and swollen. The three of us insist Sunstreaker have Ratchet look at his face. I didn't think Drift would add that he sits by Jamie.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
*What did you do?" Ratchet asks as he looks at my face.
"Lightning is furious I'm allowed near Jamie even when Jamie wakes up. She even did this in front of Optimus after he and Crosshairs talked to her."
"I've been told Lightning saw Jamie's mental struggle before Jamie left. She knows how hurt Jamie is and, like everyone else who knows, is tired of watching Jamie struggle. Though we could be dealing with that instead of this."
"That's what Crosshairs tried to tell her."
I'm given ice and allowed to sit by Jamie.

A few minutes pass before  Jamie's guardians, and Sideswipe join me. It's only now that I notice the EEG. The test is being shown on a monitor. I know Crosshairs and Drift know how to read this test. Neither are concerned, but could this change before Jamie wakes up? Even if there's no loss of brain function, there are still several challenges we'll be dealing with.