Ch. 14 Screwed Up

Jamie's P.O.V.
Sensing someone's energy quickly fade is hard to ignore, especially when we weren't attacked and no one was sent into battle. I can't ignore this; I rush out of the lounge room towards the medbay.

"What's wrong?" Jolt asks, alarmed, holding my wrists.
"Someone was killed in the base," I tell him, struggling to stay calm. 
Jolt looks at me, concerned. He doesn't remember I can sense people's energy, does he?
"Where?" Ratchet asks.
"The training room."
Jolt goes to investigate while Ratchet tries to keep me calm. There's only one way someone dies here when we're not under attack or expecting wounded soldiers.

Ratchet's P.O.V.
Nice going, Sunstreaker. This just ruined the little progress you made.
Undoubtedly, Jamie is picturing Crosshairs and Drift dead, killed by Sunstreaker.
I lay Jamie on a bed and try to calm her down but fail. She's having an anxiety attack.

Ironhide's P.O.V.
I came to the medbay to tell Ratchet about a few spooked soldiers who may need his help. I wasn't prepared to see Jamie having an anxiety attack. I think I know what happened now. What a fucking aft.

I barge into the twins' room to find Sunstreaker working on his art.
"What the hell!" He exclaims.
"WHAT HAPPENED TO TRYING TO BE JAMIE'S GRIND?! I THOUGHT YOU READ HER FILES! YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN SHE'D SENSE IF YOU KILLED ANYONE!!"
I didn't think Sunstreaker would be shocked or run out of the room.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
This is going to be a challenge. I read about Jamie's powers, but those fleshies pissed me off, and I forgot she can sense our energy, but I refuse to be known as weak.

Crosshairs, Drift, Lightning, and Sideswipe are in the medbay. Ratchet had to use drugs to get Jamie to calm down, and now she's asleep.
"GET OUT!!" Drift yells, ready to fight me.
Crosshairs and Sideswipe have to keep him from fighting me. 
"I'm sorry, I-."
"BULLSHIT!"
Crosshairs and Sideswipe let Drift leave the room. I'm able to stand by the bed.
"You hurt my sister! Stay the frag away from her!" Lightning rages before leaving the room.
Sideswipe sits on the other side of the bed. We're both waiting for Crosshairs to scold me. Instead, he tells me how he struggled to get Lightning to befriend Jamie, and now Lightning calls Jamie her sister. 
"...I don't know if I should tell you to frag off, but Sideswipe is right about how you and Jamie can help each other," Crosshairs tells him.
"Drift has Decided," Ratchet comments.
I ask Ratchet for paper and a pen. I'd rather do this in my room, but I need to write this before Jamie wakes up. Ratchet tells me I have an hour.
I've never had to apologize like this before, and I only have an hour that doesn't feel long enough, considering how much I struggle to know what to write.

I'm lucky to have finished in a half-hour, but it could be better. I give the folded paper to Crosshairs; he'll know when to give it to Jamie. In a way, this is also for Drift.
I feel bad that Sideswipe said he'd better leave with me. He did nothing to Jamie, but she thinks I'd hurt him and her if they were seen together. We walk out of the medbay. Sideswipe has his hand on my shoulder and return to our room.

"I think this will work out eventually," Sideswipe comments as we sit on our beds.
"How? Just because she's fallen for Drift? He's been on our side for centuries."
"Knockout and Vegeta," Sideswipe says and starts playing a game on his phone, "actually better example is a mech named Prince Zuko, but I've only heard of him. No files found, which is odd."
I see where he's going with this. Jamie trusted Knockout before he switched sides, and she's friends with the one who tried to kill her, which resulted in her condition. There are files on how Jamie befriended the two, but they're video records. I'd need quite a bit more time to watch them. I'll figure out who this other guy is watching the video records. I believe Knockout is coming here since Jamie is back; I can talk to him when he arrives. Maybe I'll have an opportunity to talk to Vegeta one day.

Drift's P.O.V.
It's a long hour before Crosshairs, and Jamie walk into the room. I can tell Jamie is thinking about everything that happened today. I hug her close to me as she sits on my lap. She was supposed to be here to help with her mental health; instead, more shit is added. I want to take her away from this shit, but other Autobots want to spend time with her. Crosshairs and I were informed that Knockout is coming here.

The rest of the night is the same as the last four nights; Crosshairs and I get dinner for the three of us, and we stay in the room. I know it's not ok, but it's better than dealing with him.

Jamie is asleep by eleven PM, which is unusual for her. I want things to return to our old routine even though some nights I'm not happy Jamie is still awake at six or seven in the morning. I hate the reason why she's asleep at what we consider early. Add Crosshairs, and I now take turns being up all night, even though Jamie's crying awakens the one asleep.
We sit on the couch, but we're in no mood to watch T.V. I watch Crosshairs take a piece of paper from his trench coat pocket.
No, don't tell me Ratchet found a problem with Jamie.
"Sunstreaker wrote this. It's meant for Jamie, but I think you should read it," he tells me as I take the paper.
I don't know if you'll believe me even if I'm writing this, but I'm sorry. I will not hurt Crosshairs or Drift. I don't want you to hate me. I don't want you to avoid Sideswipe. I don't know how to get you not to hate me, but I want you to spend time with Sideswipe.
"Well? Crosshairs asks.
"I-I don't know, being here was supposed to help Jamie, but now she has nightmares to the point one of us is up all night. I know Sideswipe could be right, but the struggle until we get to that point....if we even can..."
I know Crosshairs is also concerned. It's funny he's doing better than me thinking about Sunstreaker and Jamie being friends. What worries me is how this is going to affect Jamie mentally. Jamie's file is incomplete when it comes to her struggles. It's impossible to understand just by reading her file. How long before Sunstreaker realizes that and hates what he's seeing? I don't know what is right in this situation.