Ch. 33 Trust Prime

Optimus Prime's P.O.V.
I called everyone who doesn't know my plan, Ironhide and Prowl, for a meeting, unsure if I should like that some of the bots know this is about Jamie and Sunstreaker.

"When is that fragger going to Diego Garcia?" Hound asks.
"Why was he even allowed to stay on Earth?" Jazz asks, "he should have been sent to Cybertron."
It's definitely an issue when even the new Autobots agree. Even if they've been on Earth for a year, only now hearing about Jamie. This is going to take a lot of work.
"Excuse me, but as a former con, I have to say this is like suggesting we should try to befriend Megatron," Knockout comments.
Rangeblade agrees with him. Definitely not good when the two former cons on the team disagree with my plan.
"Prime has known Jamie the longest. We have to trust his judgment," Ironhide argues.
"He knows he's on thin ice with all of us and warned what his punishment will be if he fails," Prowl informs them.
The others hesitate to agree and change the subject to a couple of problems; Jadin and whoever poisoned Jamie. In a way, Jamie being scared of Sunstreaker is the least of our problems, but it can't be ignored.

Jamie's P.O.V.
Waking up, remembering Victoria died hurts. It's never easy carrying on after a friend's death, no matter how many I've watched die or found out they're dead. Even if I can technically still see her, I can't stay in the spirit world for long. It's not better than her father never seeing her again. I don't know anything about Victoria's family. Hope Steve has family who can help him. I guess I'll find out in a few days when the funeral happens.

I'm lost in thought and didn't know Drift is here until he moves me onto his lap. Crosshairs, Lightning, and Sideswipe are also here. I still worry Sideswipe will be in a lot of trouble when he returns to his room, but I'm not even going to say anything.
Ratchet hands me a bottle of a nutrition drink like Boost or Ensure, but this is a drink created by a friend in another dimension. Likely much better than the stuff at the store.
"You haven't had anything all day. I don't think you'll throw up, but it's better to wait until tomorrow to eat," Ratchet explains.
It's hard not to think there's internal damage with what Ratchet is saying.
"Guess you're staying here at least until tomorrow," Crosshairs says as he hands me my tablet.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
Knowing Jamie will be here for another eighteen hours gave me an idea.
"I'll be right back," I tell the others and go talk to Ratchet.

I ask Ratchet if I can bring a T.V. and my PlayStation four into the medbay. When Ratchet refuses, I ask him if Jamie can go to the lounge room. Drift can carry Jamie to the room, and Crosshairs can wheel the IV pole. I discover part of why Jamie is to stay in the medbay is concern whoever poisoned her will try again, and Jamie is still recovering. Ratchet can't keep Jamie here until we find out he did this, but I can see why he wants to keep her here until she recovers.
"Fine, get your PlayStation," Ratchet finally agrees.

I didn't think Sunstreaker would be allowed out of the brig. He sits at his desk, working on art.
"How is she?" He asks as I unplug my PlayStation.
"Still feeling weak, Ratchet is keeping her in the medbay until tomorrow morning."
We know Jamie has yet to learn the plan.
"I want to find the fragger who did this!" Sunstreaker rages.
"And do what? Land your aft back to Cybertron? No doubt Lennox and Prime are investigating."
This is going to be rough for Sunstreaker.

Crosshairs, Drift, and Lightning leave while Jamie and I play a racing game for an hour before she wants to sleep. I worry Ratchet is wrong, and she'll be in the medbay for a couple of days. Ratchet says the poison is out of her system, and it's normal for her to be exhausted.

I didn't think Sunstreaker would dare come to the medbay. He sees Jamie fell asleep without fixing the blankets.
"Good night," he whispers as he covers her.
He stares at her, worried. Ratchet assures him this is normal. I didn't think Sunstreaker would tell us he's also worried the plan won't work, not because that means his aft is going to Cybertron, but because he still wants to be Jamie's friend. I knew he was lying earlier when he said he gave up.

Crosshairs and Drift return, not liking how Jamie is asleep, so Ratchet has to repeat himself for the third time. Sunstreaker wastes no time leaving. Running out of the medbay.
I'd rather not argue with them and wake Jamie up.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
This will be a challenge; I know most would give up. Jamie is complicated, and it would be easier to give up like humans have in her dimension to the point she's now an adult with no friends back home and anxiety when trying to talk to humans. I suspect it was a little easier to talk to Victoria since she trusts us and Victoria was a member of N.E.S.T.

Several Autobots lecture me as I head to the hangar. I know everyone does not like Prowl and Prime's idea, thinking I should be locked up for murder. I'm gaining more than Jamie's trust.

Steve waits by my room. He walks towards me, not pissed, which is unusual for someone who lost their kid. He shoves me into the wall.
"Listen up, asshole, you have no idea what is coming."
"You-."
"Yes, I sabotaged the ATV, and I poisoned her. My daughter didn't know. She wanted to be Jamie's friend. I'm sure you know who I'm working for, and she'd love to recruit you for her mission. I told her what you're trying to do, and she wants me to congratulate you for unofficially joining our team. No one will believe you if you tell them I'm behind all this; they'll blame you. Go ahead, kill me. Your ass will be sent to Cybertron tomorrow."
I feel a pain in my arm before falling to the floor.
"Fast acting, but won't kill you," is the last thing I hear Steve say before everything goes dark.