Ch. 29 Warning

Victoria's P.O.V.
It's been an interesting couple of days. A few other Autobots asked me how much I knew about Jamie. I can tell they're worried after what happened to her. They're worried I'd get sick of trying to be her friend. I've dealt with kids who struggle to communicate. Though Jamie is different from them, this isn't due to a condition she was born with; social anxiety is a mental condition.

Jamie is surprised when I ask her to show me her powers. Oddly, the two medics walk into the training room. I didn't tell them I was going to do this.
"We were walking by," Ratchet explains, "when I heard you ask to see Jamie's powers. We'd like to watch."
Jolt nods; I see he has his tablet. There must be a logical reason they want to watch the demonstration. There's a larger training room for the Autobots to train in their biped mode.
I wonder what I got myself into when Jamie says we should go into the Autobots' training room.

"How much do you know about Jamie's powers?" Ratchet asks.
"Something tells me I know very little about her powers," I admit, "what's Jolt doing?"

Ratchet's P.O.V.
I doubt she knows about Jamie's condition, and I don't have time for a lengthy explanation. It's not a complete lie; I need to monitor the chemical level in Jamie's blood as she uses her powers. This isn't an accurate test as she won't be using her powers at 100%, but I may be able to detect slight increases. This is something Wheeljack, and I developed last year, and it's experimental. More for research at this stage.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I like how I cross paths with Jamie, but I worry she'll sense I'm nearby and panic. I still take my chances and watch her. 
Damn, I think I'd get my aft handed to me if we ever fought, and I doubt this is the full extent of her powers. It's funny seeing the fleshie's face as she watches. I can't stay until Jamie is done. 

I walk by Crosshairs and Drift, seeing how displeased Drift is.
I think the ice is broken, and I'm drowning in freezing water, scrap. I should consider myself lucky Crosshairs isn't furious at me, but I'm sure I'm on thin ice with him.
It's easier to accept that I can't do this, I'm meant to hate most fleshies, but I refuse to give up. 

Drift's P.O.V.
I've never seen Jamie this sweaty working out with weights.
"Wow!" Victoria exclaims.
"Ok, what did you do?" I ask.
Turns out Victoria asked for a demonstration of Jamie's powers. The girls leave, allowing me to ask why Jolt and Ratchet are here. 

"... I'll go review the data now," Jolt finishes.
"I don't think how sweaty she is has anything to do with her condition," Ratchet adds before the two medics leave.
I'll never stop worrying about Jamie like I have been. I don't know how the others who've known Jamie longer do it, or maybe it's because I love her. I don't feel comfortable asking Prime or Ratchet — who've known Jamie the longest — how they don't worry about Jamie as I do. I'm not even going to ask Bumblebee.

"You worry too much," Crosshairs comments as we return to our room.
"I know," I sigh before Crosshairs stops me and hugs me.
I worry he hides how worried he is, but I won't say anything.

Victoria's P.O.V.
I don't think Prime thought he should tell me about Jamie's powers. I heard she can sense people's energy, but I didn't think she had what I saw. She's an alien like them.
"You look spooked," Bumblebee comments.
"I was with Jamie and—."
"Ah, you just discovered she's not human like you."
"I don't think I was supposed to. Why would Prime leave such information out?"
"You'd find out if the cons attacked us. Jamie has a long history with us. It is easier to observe her than talk about her history, but if you'd rather, I have the time to tell you about her."
I decline his offer and head toward my room. It is interesting observing Jamie.

Sunstreaker waits in the hallway; this is not good, but he'll run after me if I run.
"You better not hurt her!" He yells, "if you do, I will hurt you!"
Saying nothing more, he walks away. I don't know why he's threatening me. I stay away from him and his brother as he wants. Do I ask the other Autobots whom he's talking about? No way Sunstreaker has a girlfriend.
I brush this aside and find Jamie.

We decide to get lunch at McDonald's before I start my shift. I see Jamie tense up as we walk by the terror twins. Did Sunstreaker also threaten her? 

I can pull Crosshairs to the side while Drift and Jamie enter McDonald's.
"Do you two know Jamie gets tense when she sees Sunstreaker?" I ask.
Crosshairs sighs, "she witnessed him kill in the base years ago, and she's been having nightmares he'll do the same to Drift, and I. Sideswipe thinks the two can be friends, and he has a good reason why he thinks it's a good idea, but it's been a challenge for Sunstreaker."
I won't add how Sunstreaker threatened me to their list of problems. Things are already challenging for them.

We go to the nearby park and watch the ducks in the pond as we eat lunch. Jamie is happy to watch the Mallards and tells me how her family kept ducks along with chickens and turkeys for years, but a fox would get them, so they haven't had any birds for six years.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
I thought a walk in the park would be a good idea until we see Crosshairs, Drift, Jamie, and Victoria. Sunstreaker is furious seeing Victoria eating lunch with Jamie. It's going to be tough for Sunstreaker. Not only is he worried Victoria will hurt Jamie, but he's also jealous Jamie is talking to her — or at least trying to. Amazingly, he hasn't given up yet. I worry he's going to end up making a mistake.