Ch. 52 Complicated Situation

Drift's P.O.V.
"This is getting concerning," Ratchet sighs, "we know Sunstreaker will never end his psychopath ways, but his relationship with Lily is a big improvement. If she's allowed back to the base other than to see me."
"He's terrified to be sent to Cybertron, but I don't think it's because he'll never see Lily. He's not happy with this situation. It's the same as with Lily, except this started from memory, not a nightmare."
"I don't think there's anything Rung or I could have done if we knew he'd experience things like this even centuries later. I hope this is it and works out for him."
Ratchet advises waiting a few days to talk to Jamie to let the medication Sunstreaker is on fully work, more out of concern that Sunstreaker will not relax with Prowl being with us. Sunstreaker doesn't need to be monitored, but I worry about him.

Sideswipe and Jamie are still playing video games when Sunstreaker and I walk into the room. I tell Crosshairs and Lightning what happened while Sunstreaker works on art at his desk. None of us like how this is affecting Sunstreaker. I hope the medication will be enough.
"One problem; that's not going to help with nightmares," Lightning points out.
"I don't think anything can help with that. At least Sunstreaker shouldn't respond like he did two nights ago," Crosshairs adds.
"At least Jamie hasn't had that nightmare. I hope it's not because she's recovering from surgery," Lightning sighs.

Jamie's P.O.V.
Sunstreaker's energy was unusual just as he and Drift left the room. I've noticed this the past few days. It's not the first time I've felt different energy from others and their life energy. All three years and I just realize this has to be a special ability that doesn't work if I'm pissed — or Sunstreaker wasn't like this until now? I know he can't fake any of this, but I still worry about my mechs, Sideswipe, and Lightning.

Sideswipe is tired of losing to me. Took him an hour of losing to get tired of it. Sunstreaker already left the room. I don't think I'll be allowed to go find him. I'm not sensing any fading energy.
"We should go out for dinner," Lightning suggests, "and to the park. "it's been a while since we've been out of the base, so before Ratchet forces us to."
The plan is to leave at five.

I'm able to go find Sunstreaker at four-thirty. Crosshairs and Drift are watching me closely because I'm recovering from surgery, and my mental health worries them, but they don't stop or follow me.

"Jamie?!" Sideswipe asks, alarmed that I'm alone.
"Really? Where's Sunstreaker?"
It's interesting that Sunstreaker now has an art room in the base. I know he'll inform Sunstreaker that I'm coming.

Even while knowing Sideswipe alerted Sunstreaker, I didn't think Sunstreaker would be waiting in the hallway, concerned rather than pissed. I realize his art room is in the same hallway as the wespons storage.
"What are you doing?" He asks.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
I know this look too well. I carry Jamie into my art room, closing the door, and sitting on the floor with Jamie. I don't think she's confused like Lily. She's frightened by her nightmare. Even with her actions the past few days.
Sunstreaker?
I don't understand. Jamie wanted to come to my art room, but she's silently panicking. That nightmare frightened her more than we thought. I explain.
Should I get her guardians?
I don't know.
"Jamie, your family is safe. I'm not going to hurt them."
I need to get out of here.

Jamie's P.O.V.
I feel that odd energy as I watch the color fade on Sunstreaker's face. He shoves me off him and crawls to the trash bin to throw up.
It's scary watching him stand up to leave, but he passes out. Drift catches him from falling on the floor. Crosshairs and Drift decide to take him to the medbay. I watch them get the stretcher from a capsule. Lightning takes my hand once the two mechs are ready to leave.

"This can't just be anxiety," Crosshairs argues.
"It is," Ratchet claims, "anxiety disorder."
This can be temporary, but why is he dealing with anxiety? He'd love to be off Earth. Even if he doesn't want to be locked up, he wouldn't have anxiety.
"And Jamie? Two weeks ago, she was livid. Now...," Jolt trails off.
I don't think they know I'm right here. I leave the conversation.

"...calm down, you're ok," I hear Drift.
I discover Sunstreaker is in an in-patient room.
Sunstreaker is hyperventilating, trying to get off the bed. Drift is trying to keep him lying down and calm him down. I only find out Sideswipe was in the room when he walked towards me. Once before me, he picks me up and walks down the hall. Something tells me he's not going to tell me anything. What does he feel when Sunstreaker is like this?

I'm not being told anything as Crosshairs takes me. He and Lightning sit in the waiting room. Sideswipe and Ratchet walk down the hall.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
Ratchet tried not to use drugs but had to. Sunstreaker is out within five minutes.
"Twice today, he's terrified," I sigh.
"He needs to talk to Jamie, but even with her behavior lately, he thinks she'll yell at him," Drift explains.
"We need to have the conversation," Ratchet insists, "tomorrow, I can try a slow infusion."
Drift and Ratchet know Jamie knows something is happening, but what to tell her before tomorrow? 
"We can stick to our dinner plan," Drift believes, "then Jamie will know he's ok. The drug should still work when we go out for dinner."
Ratchet agrees, but I'm not sure. This could be good or cause a third anxiety attack.