Ch. 6 The Truth

Optimus Prime's P.O.V.
Something is scaring Jamie, and it's sudden; since she got here, which is unusual. I arranged to talk to the twins, Crosshairs, Drift, and Ratchet.
"You had to have said something," Ratchet scowls at Sunstreaker.
"I said nothing to her," he rages.
"It's true, and I don't think Jamie heard as he asked if she's dead from her panicking," Sideswipe adds.
"Why blame me? Could be one of the others!!"
"We've all seen her act scared around you," I explain.
"Now? Weakling."
"What do you mean 'now'?" I ask, "Sideswipe?"

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
I think I know what did it, but I don't understand why now is she scared of Sunstreaker now instead of the second after it happened. 
"Tell us, NOW!" Crosshairs demands.
"Easy, Crosshairs," Drift tries to calm the paratrooper.
I feel tears forming as I relive what Jamie told me.
"It was a few months after the scrap with the Fallen; when Sunstreaker arrived, Jamie returned for a few weeks. She bumped into me, looking frightened. She cried as she told me what frightened her, but I was able to figure out what she was saying," I stop and look at Crosshairs and Drift; they are not going to like this, "she watched Sunstreaker kill a soldier...pretty much by dissection."
"She was clearly fine until now," Sunstreaker reminds us.
"He's right; this wouldn't be sudden. We'd see this immediately," Ratchet points out, "we would have been having this conversation a few days after that event."
"This makes perfect sense," Prime tells us, "Jamie cares about all of us, but she is closer to Crosshairs and Drift. With your possessive nature and inability to share even Sideswipe—."
"I already told her I have no interest in being her friend," Sunstreaker rages and leaves the room.
"He's missing the issue here," Ratchet observes.
"This is a surprise to you?" Crosshairs asks.
Ironhide is right; I only have to observe to learn about Jamie, but I still want to look at her records.

Drift looks like he was told Jamie is dead and about to pass out. I make him sit down.
"I know we're fighting a war: Jamie has seen several Autobots die, but I can't believe what she watched Sunstreaker do," he says.
Optimus tells Crosshairs to help Drift to their room.
"Unbelievable, now Jamie thinks Sunstreaker will kill Crosshairs and Drift," Ratchet rages.
I realize now Jamie will likely be scared to be near me. Damn it, Sunstreaker. I hate when you're possessive. I leave the room and go look at Jamie's records. 

Jamie's P.O.V.
Crosshairs and Drift are in danger, but if I say something, I'm in danger. I'm afraid to talk to Optimus, but I can't refuse.

I'm trying to relax but seeing Crosshairs and Drift waiting with Optimus, and Ratchet is making it difficult.
"You're safe," Optimus assures me, "he won't hurt you or them."
Scrap, he figured it out. I look at my mechs, remembering what I saw.

Flashback
"You think you're so tough, don't you, fleshie?!" I hear Sunstreaker yelling.
He's talking to someone down the hall that deadends; no one would go down there unless they needed to get supplies, but Sunstreaker's yelling would draw attention even if he's not as loud as he normally is when yelling.
I look down the hall, seeing Sunstreaker holding a male soldier by the neck against the wall. His knife lightly tracing the soldier's abdomen.
"How many times do I have to remind you!?"
He starts to cut the guy, "you need to learn the hard way."
The soldier screams as Sunstreaker cuts and rips out the guy's organs. He drops the guy on the floor and starts cutting his limbs off. Now it's just for the thrill of torturing a human since this guy will die in less than five minutes. I've seen enough and run away from the scene.
End of flashback

"Jamie?" Drift asks, worried.
I look at him and Crosshairs, picturing Sunstreaker doing what he did to the soldier to them. I feel dizzy, and everything goes dark.

Optimus Prime's P.O.V.
This is worse than I thought; we're lucky what she saw didn't traumatize her all these years.
"I'm going to kick his aft!" I hear Ironhide rage.
I didn't know he had come into the room. Ironhide waits until Jamie wakes up to leave the room.
Ratchet gives Jamie water. How can we deal with this? Having her return to her dimension with Crosshairs and Drift is not solving the problem.

Ironhide's P.O.V.
That fragging bastard. While Jamie should have told us what she saw or Sideswipe told us what Jamie told him, that bastard had no reason to kill the soldier. No one knew where this soldier went, and now we know. Sunstreaker has gone unpunished for far too long. 

I find him working out. I wait for my opportunity to punch him.
"You fragging bastard!"
I get him good, causing him to fall to the ground.
Sunstreaker's eyes turn red, and he attacks me. I need to watch for his knife. We go back and forth, punching each other for five minutes before Prime stops us. I thought he'd be talking to Jamie. We are both bloody and bruised. At least we don't need to go to the medbay and get a lecture from Ratchet. 
Sunstreaker leaves pissed once Prime is done with his lecture. I go to the shooting range to deal with my anger.

Sideswipe's P.O.V.
Damn it, I feel Sunstreaker is furious through our bond. What the frag happened now?
I didn't think he'd  find me.
"That glitch needs to die!" He yells.
"Because you got in trouble for killing that soldier?"
"She's the stupid femme who walked by as I was teaching him a lesson!"
He kicks the wall before leaving the room.
What a fragging disaster.