Chapter 50- Marking Mine

Start from the beginning

***********************************************************************************************

After a Week

Manik's POV

''Nandini, where are you?'' I called her as she isn't here yet. ''I'm still at home'' she replied. ''Yaha muhurat ka time ho raha hai and you're still at home, Is something wrong?'' I asked her as Navya and Cabir are about to come to mandap. ''No, everything is okay, but I feel I have nothing to wear'' she said. ''You girls are unbelievable, kal tak you were all excited for Cabir and Navya's wedding and when it is actually happening, you are not here'' I can't believe she said this now. ''Moreover, you should have planned your outfit well before, aise last moment kaun decide karte hai'' I said. ''What do you think, I didn't check it earlier! I have well planned my outfit a week before, it's just that the lehenga isn't fitting now'' she said in her defense when I accused her. 

''Did you hear what you just said! You planned a lehenga which doesn't fit you anymore. It is because you're planning is failed ya tum ek hafte mein moti ho gayi hogi'' I said. ''Don't call me that'' I can imagine how her face looked like now. ''Call you what! Moti'' I love to tease her anytime. ''Manik, you are hopeless, main phone rakh rahi hu, I thought you could help me but no tumhe tho sirf mujhe pareshan karna aata hai'' she said and is about to cut the call. ''Nandini, listen to me! Do you want me to come there to help you? Should I arrange for a lehenga?'' I asked her with a concern but no, Nandini being Nandini, she will never understand me. ''Ji nahi, main kuch karungi and will come there soon, you need not come'' she said and cut the call. When will this girl understand what I'm saying. 

''Nandini tho ab tak aayi nahi and you're leaving from here!'' Cabir caught me as I was ready to leave. ''No, she will be here soon and I'm going to get Siya here'' I said as I knew Siya might be waiting for me. ''Have you talked to Siya?'' he asked me. ''No, I will talk to her today'' I said hoping for the best. ''You told me the same last week too, chal kya raha hai tumhare mann mein?'' Cabir is right, I have been trying my best to tell everything to Siya but I'm scared as how she is going to take it. ''I'm trying Cabir'' I just managed to say this to Cabir. ''No, you are scared of telling it, I think tumhe pehle Nandini ko batana chahiye, that will be good'' he suggested. I think even this is a good idea, maybe Nandini can help me with Siya too. ''Ok, I'll do that. First, I'll go and get Siya'' I said and left for her. 

'''Tum bhi abhi tak ready nahi hui'' I asked Siya as I saw her in casuals. ''Tum bhi matlab! Aur kaun ready nahi hua?'' Siya asked. ''Nahi wo matlab nahi tha but why aren't you ready yet? We decided to go to Cabir-Navya's wedding today'' I asked her. ''I thought Dhruv and you were invited to ViralFilmy  Awards. Dhruv already left'' she said. '''Ha mujhe bhi invitation aaya hai, aaj sirf screening hai, results shaam tak announce honge but Cabir ka shaadi hai na'' I said. ''I'm surprised Manik, you avoided an event to go to Cabir's wedding! This is so not you'' she said. ''Ha generally I don't do this but Cabir and Navya, they are like family now. I like Cabir's passion, he became a really good friend of mine. Even he understands me better'' I said. She smiled but I didn't understand her reason to smile. ''Then tumhe jaana chahiye shaadi mein'' she said. ''I thought hum dono saath mein chalenge'' what happened to her! She never behaves in this way. Maybe she didn't wanted to come. ''Manik, I didn't knew you are still attending the wedding, so I wasn't prepared to come with you'' she said. 

''Koi baat nahi, tum rest karo. I will come after the wedding ceremony'' I assured her and left from there. Don't know if Nandini has reached or not aur uska phone bhi nahi lag raha hai. It took me 40 minutes to reach the venue and by the time I reached varmala ho bhi gaya. ''You said I will be late, but see who's late!'' I heard Nandini saying that and turned to see her. Wow! how beautiful she looked in this red saree. Every time Nandini wears a saree, she doesn't miss to make me skip a beat. ''You said you have nothing to wear, but this saree'' I managed to ask her. ''Ye tho bahut purani saree hai, you know royal vintage weave it is! Ye saree Satya ki wife ki hai. Also this is too heavy to carry'' she said. She is indeed looking so royal and elegant in this. Her perfectly Kohled eyes, long hair left loose until her waist, red lips which is elevating her overall look. She is looking like a goddess. ''You know na, ye shaadi ek private ceremony hai, koi beauty pageant nahi hai ye'' I whispered in her ears as I stood at her back. ''I know but why are you saying this?'' she leaned backwards but did not turned towards me.

''I thought you might have forgotten that this is not your wedding'' I turned her towards me. ''Manik, kya kar rahe ho, everyone is here'' she said. ''Are you hinting me to take you aside?'' I wasted no time and took her aside. ''Ab kya kehna hai tumhe! Navya must be waiting for me'' she said. ''Tumne hi kaha that everyone is here, see nobody is here now, tell me what do you want now?'' I asked her. ''Mujhe kuch nahi kehna hai Manik, let's go out'' she said taking my hand to go out. ''But mujhe tumse kuch kehna hai'' I stopped her and closed the door and locked it. ''Kya?'' she asked clueless. I wish Nandini can see through me that how much I love her. ''You are looking breathtakingly beautiful'' she blushed and said thank you. She wanted to go but I didn't let her. I pulled her closer to feel her in my arms. She looked at me cluelessly. I caressed her cheeks and tucked her hair behind the ear. ''Manik'' she was about to say something but I don't want her to spoil this moment for me. 

I remember she was wearing red saree when I first kissed her. She was beautiful then, mesmerizing today and every day too. This moment, I know she is the one in my life. Nandini Murthy, will you let me be your side, forever! I wish I could say all I wanted to but usse dekh ke main kuch bol hi nahi paaya. I could hear my heart beat raising in this room. My grip on her hand became stronger as she tried to free herself. Those eyes, her fragrance, her lips, they would haunt me forever if I don't tell her now. I placed my lips on her soft red lips. She instantly held me for support as she might not be expecting this. I held her waist and pulled her into me. I was in no rush to mark her mine. Poori zindagi hai humare paas. She didn't kiss me back neither protested. She just closed her eyes and a lone tear fell on my cheek. I was quick to realize it made her uncomfortable and left her free.

''Manik, what is this?'' she looked confused. ''I don't know how to put it in words Nandini, but I really need you in this moment'' I said. ''Hume yaha se jaana chahiye'' she said but we're still caught in the same position, we were earlier. I took her hand in mine. ''Remember, what I once said to you?'' I asked her. ''What?'' she looked into my eyes.

''Manik Malhotra never quits if he start something'' I said as I took her lips again.