Chapter 40- Calm before the Storm

Start from the beginning

But there's nothing between me and Nandini to accept it. ''Aisa kuch nahi hai, I was just asking you'' I said. ''I tried to call her too but she didn't take any of my calls'' he said. Strange! she isn't picking up my calls too. What would have happened? Aryaman ka calls tho lena chahiye na. We reached Siya's service apartment and went inside to freshen up. I tried calling Nandini again. Switched off! This Nandini is taking this to extreme limit now. I know mujhse galti ho gaya, she didn't even know what I was going through last night. Should I call Cabir and ask about Nandini? I thought but shrugged off as I don't want Cabir to think of the same way as Aryaman. ''So, Siya I heard that your shoot is also completed'' Dhruv said as we sat for dinner. ''Yes, and to be precise, I will come along with you to India'' she declared. For some reason, I was uncomfortable that Siya is coming back in my life. But it is much needed, at least now I would be able to concentrate on Siya and not Nandini. ''Tho hum kab jaane wale hai yaha se'' Dhruv seems to be so impatient being here. ''Arre tum abhi aaye ho yaha, ek do din ke baad chale jayenge'' Siya said. Aryaman left home after having dinner.

I stood in the balcony and looked at the view from there. It was spectacular indeed. ''Enjoying the view?'' Siya came from behind and hugged me. ''No, enjoying my time with you'' I said. ''I missed you so much'' she said. ''Ab aur intezaar nahi hai na, you are coming with me'' I asked her. ''Yes, I don't want to leave you ever now'' she hugged me tighter. Siya stood so close to me. She tried to reach for my lips and I pulled her near me. I placed my lips on her and felt like I was longing for this kiss now. Should I confess that I was so desperate for this kiss from you Nandini, I thought. I broke the kiss instantly as I realized it was not Nandini but Siya. ''Kya hua?'' she asked me. ''Nothing, just a minute'' I rushed into the rest room to escape her gaze. Why the hell did I thought it was Nandini. Thank God maine uska naam nahi liya Siya ke aage. I should get a hold on myself first. I can't cheat Siya like this. I must not rush and let Siya insecure about my feelings. Nandini, please go away from my head.

New York is usually called as the City that never sleeps, but this turned out to be so true as I couldn't sleep here, yet again. Itne din se main ache se so raha tha, phir aaj kya hua? I shouldn't be asking this to myself as I now know the reason too. Guilt is the only reason that is not letting to me to sleep in peace, if I don't get rid of my guilt, I will have to rest in peace forever. But what I'm I guilty for! For cheating on Siya as I have feelings for Nandini? Or cheating on myself as I'm constantly telling myself to love Siya and not Nandini.

********************************************************************************************

''Aise kaise jaoge tum? Ghar aao, mom dad se milo na'' Aryaman said as we are going to leave tomorrow. ''Ok then, you go and meet Aryaman's family. I will shop few things and then we will go to air port'' Siya said. ''Ok done, I will pick you up for air port tomorrow then'' I said. ''What is Dhruv gonna do?'' I asked her. ''He will come with me, anyway Alya also has a lot to shop, now that he is here, he will join me'' she said. Next day went on in a flow. I met Aryaman's mom and dad after many years. I chatted for some time and left from there. Me and Aryaman picked up Siya and Dhruv and we all reached air port. ''So, when are we meeting again?'' I asked Aryaman. ''Mujhe bhi nahi pata, but you will be surprised again when we meet'' he said. 

''I can't wait to know the public response for the film'' Dhruv said as we landed back in India. ''Itne saare calls and messages through already sab wishes bheja hai na'' I said. ''But hearing from them personally is next level satisfaction Manik'' he said and I completely agree. ''Yes, but it is a time for celebration. Why don't we plan a success party? I will personally send invites to everyone'' Siya jumped out of joy. ''Tumko tho parties ke liye mauka chahiye'' I teased her. She would always be the first one to organize any party irrespective of the occasion. Now that she has come back, ab tho parties ki aadat dalna padega. 

''Now you go, aaj raat party mein milenge'' Siya said when I was leaving. I bid her bye and went home. I called Nandini once again but as usual it is switched off. It is switched since 4 days, what is she doing then? Aaj party mein aayegi na, tab tho main poochunga usse. It will count has her unprofessional behavior too. I'm not just her friend, in a way I'm her boss too. She should at least be available to calls. 

At the Party:

It was not like our usual private party, it is more or less a public event. A separate section was allotted to media personnel. Cabir congratulated me and of course he is the reason behind all this success. ''I'm sorry I couldn't be here on the big day'' I said to Cabir. There is a girl stood beside him, must be his wife, I thought. ''No worries Manik, whatever had happened it is for good, bas Nandini ke liye mujhe bura laga'' he said. ''Nandini!'' did he really mentioned her? Is there something to feel bad for her. ''Aisa kya hua?'' I asked out of curiosity, at least he might know what happened to her. ''Nandini's grand father died on the day of release'' he said. ''What?'' I was shocked. ''Yes, it was very unfortunate to hear that but truth is bitter'' he said. ''How is she? Is she coming now?'' I asked him. Maybe that is why she didn't picked up any of my calls. She called me to inform this, that night when I left for Siya. ''No, I have no idea. Neither of us met her since 3 days'' he said. ''Manik, Nandini wanted to be alone, so I didn't call her today'' Navya said interfering in our discussion. ''When did she said this?'' I asked Navya.

''I went to her when I came to know about Satya's death. She will she wanted to be alone, so I did not call or saw her from that day'' Navya said. ''I don't think she will come today then'' Siya said, who stood beside me. Oh No! Nandini wanted to share her grief with me but I was not available to her. What would be her condition now? I so wanted to meet her. I tried to move but felt Siya's hand on my hand. ''Where are you going?'' she asked. I had to put a break on my chain of thoughts. I could hardly fake a smile, back in my mind, I'm only thinking about Nandini now. Damn, these formalities. I had to be here for some time and find a route to escape. But thanks to my family who made sure I'm there with them. After about 3 hours, I found a way to escape. ''Siya, mujhe kuch kaam hai, I will be here in a while again'' I asked her. ''Now where?'' she asked. ''Abhi aaunga main, in an hour or so, please'' I pleaded her and she couldn't say no. After her approval, I rushed to see Nandini. Just few days back, I was dying to see Siya but now I'm following Nandini again. Right now, I don't care what my heart or mind is saying about Nandini. As a friend, moreover as a human, I know she needs me now. I reached her home and found it locked.

No calls, no messages and here she is missing from her home too. Where would I find you now Nandini?