Chapter 55

Rhaenyra talks to Alicent and makes her aware of a few things. Daemon discovers some things about his daughter. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 week later.

Rhaenyra was happy, she was going to be a grandmother. Her grandchild and her son would be very close and age and would grow like brothers or brother and sister. She was aware of some of the things Alicent had done to prevent Visenya from getting with child. The fact that her daughter had been able to intercept her good mother's attempt did not take away from Alicent's mistakes. The pregnancy had not been announced to the court yet and Rhaenyra wanted to make sure Alicent knew what was happening. Because Alicent was planning something and Rhaenyra wanted to know what it was.

"Your grace." One of her knights opened the door and bowed. "Lady Alicent Hightower is here to see you."

"Allow her to pass." The knight moved aside and allowed the woman to walk in. Rhaenyra masked her face, making sure her smile was pleasant. "Alicent, please take a seat."

"I will admit I was a bit surprised by your invitation." Alicent sat down beside her and looked nervously around the room. "I do not remember the last time you asked to speak to me."

"Well, I have been busy running the kingdom." It was amusing to see the way Alicent's face hardened at the reminder that Rhaenyra was the queen. "But there is important news that I want to share with you."

"There are?" Alicent's look was confused.

"Yes." The smile would not leave Rhaenyra's face. "Visenya is with child. She and Aemond will have their first child and the next heir to the throne in a few moons."

"What?" Alicent's looks became horrified and she just stared for a few minutes, not saying anything. Finally, she seemed to realize things had been silent for too long. "But that is not possible."

"Why not?" Rhaenyra raised an eyebrow. "Aemond and Visenya have been wed for almost a year and everyone is aware that they take great joy in their marital activities. Why is it shocking that my daughter is with child?"

"I was under the impression they wanted to wait." Alicent's excuse was not as convincing as she believed it was. "Aemond said that they would wait until Visenya was a bit older."

"Yes, and she is a bit older. Visenya will be eighteen by the time she gives birth." Rhaenyra's stare was sharp as she looked at her stepmother. "Are you not pleased? You will be a grandmother soon, your son will have his first child."

"Of course I am pleased." Alicent's smile was pained. "I just believed I would have a bit more time."

"More time for what?"

"To get used to the idea of becoming a grandmother." For someone who had been so good at manipulating others, she had become a horrible liar. "I did not expect this news."

"Yes, I can see that." Rhaenyra placed her elbows on the table and leaned forward a bit. "I just wanted to make sure you understood something."

"What?"

"This is your last chance." There was fear in Alicent's eyes, but it was gone a few seconds later. "I would advise you to become the mother that you have never been and be happy for your son. Be happy that your son has everything he wants and a woman who loves him and whom he loves. Be happy that Aemond is well respected and will be king one day, his children will be kings and queens. Because if I find out you have done anything to hurt my daughter or my brother I will kill you, but before that, I will humiliate you in front of the entire city, including your beloved faith."