Chapter 50

We have 2 small time jumps in this chapter and Rhaenyra finally gives birth. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

5 months later.

"Have you heard from your mother?" Visenya stepped behind him and wrapped her arms around his waist. "She has been gone for a moon."

"The only raven she sent was to let me know she had arrived. I have not heard anything since then."

Since Visenya had decided to let everyone know about Otto's death his mother had been devastated. Visenya made it seem like he had been found in one of the pleasure houses in the street of Silk. Aemond did not know how the faceless man had done it, but the man they had found had looked exactly like his grandsire. Rhaenyra had acted angry when they received the news, pretending that she did not know that Otto had never left the city. Alicent had requested for the queen to allow her to take Otto's body to Old Town to be buried. Rhaenyra had agreed, which had surprised Aemond, but he did not say anything. His mother had wanted him to go with her, but he had refused, he did not like his mother's family and he was not going to pretend to like his grandsire either. There was also the fact that he would not go without Visenya and he would not place her in danger either, by taking her into that viper's nest. So his mother had left angry, and she had not written to him since then.

Aemond found it amusing and very telling how the calmest moons of his life at this palace were the ones with his mother not present. He and Visenya had more duties now since Rhaenyra was heavy with child and could not do as much as before. There was also the fact that Daemon refused to leave her side and would glare at any man who would annoy his wife, which was pretty much everyone at this point.

"Do you want to go and see her?" Visenya asked and placed a kiss between his shoulder blades.

"No." Aemond turned around and took Visenya in his arms. He did not need to ask who she was talking about. "She will return when she is ready, or when her uncle forces her so they can continue with their plans."

"Your mother asked for more medicine before she left." Aemond frowned and Visenya let out a sigh. "She asked for a very large quantity and then ordered the man who had been selling to her to leave the city."

"She ordered him to leave?"

"Well, in reality, she was going to have him killed, she just did not realize he was one of the men working for us." He hated that almost a year later his mother still had not given up. "Do not worry, he is safe and will not be seen again."

"What is she planning to do with it?"

"I do not know." Visenya shrugged. "I think something scared her and she does not want to be seen with him."

"Have you found out any of the people she has been working with?" Aemond ran his index finger over the side of his wife's face. "I do not know how much longer I can keep up with this."

"Not everyone, but the main person backing her is Jason Lannister." Aemond rolled his eyes, not surprised in the least. "Apparently Jason Lannister is very angry at my mother for rejecting him all those years ago and he is angry with me for choosing you."

Like that punny lion would be able to handle his wife. Visenya was a dragon, only another dragon could possess her.

"I would love for him to say he wants you in front of me." He bit her bottom lip, making her moan. "That way I would have the perfect excuse to kill him or cut off a vital part of his body."

"As much as I would enjoy that, I believe my mother would like to have more proof before executing the warden of the west." Visenya took a step back. "Come with me, I have to see my mother."