Chapter 33

Finally is the wedding day! We get a little bit of Valyrian magic and we else see a short Alicent's POV. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

2 weeks later.

"You look breathtaking." Visenya smiled at her ave, watching as he attempted to hold back his tears. "There has never been a more beautiful bride."

"Thank you, ave." The gown for the ceremony that would take place at the temple was white and gold, made with myrnish lace and the finest silks. It was the most modest gown that had been made for her. Her hair had been curled and styled, and a large gold crown with a purple sapphire rested on her head. The crown had belonged to her grandmother Aemma, it had been a present from her grandsire after the birth of her mother. "Do you think Aemond will like it?"

"Like it?" Laenor let out a snort, looking at her like she had lost her mind. "He will feel like the luckiest man in the world."

Visenya had been waiting so long for this, well for her it felt like it had been long. Especially since this past sennight she had only seen Aemond in passing. Her mother had insisted Visenya did not have relations with her uncle a few days before the wedding. Aemond had not been happy about it, but after coming into her chambers one night to find her mother there he had not returned. Her mother had known they would not follow her instructions so she had slept in Visenya's chambers for the past seven days. To say Visenya had been frustrated had been an understatement.

Her father walked with her to the carriage where her mother was waiting. Rhaenyra was dressed in gold and she looked beautiful and happy. Her mother was excited about the wedding and had worked very hard to make sure everything was just as Visenya liked it. Visenya had made sure guards had been posted everywhere, she did not want to take any chances and have her wedding ruined. If someone attempted to stop her wedding to Aemond blood would run.

"You look so beautiful, my love." Her mother kissed her forehead, giving her a teary smile. "Aemond has already left for the temple. He looked very nervous."

"He did?" Aemond was nothing if not sure of himself.

"Yes, he kept pacing and mumbling to himself." Maybe he was just as excited as she was. After today they would be together for the rest of their lives. Her mother took her hand, leading her to the castle. "Let us go, I am sure Aemond will return if you take too long."

Visenya smiled and climbed into the wheelhouse. This would be the first Valyrian ceremony that would be witnessed by all the high lords of Kings Landing, their guests from New Valyria knew about this type of ceremony but would be witnessing it for the first time also.

The great sept had been transformed into a temple celebrating the Fourteen Flames. Her mother had all the statues of the seven removed and new statutes were being built to honor the Valyrian gods. Her mother had wanted her and Aemond to wear the traditional ceremony robes and had been furious when she discovered Viserys had them destroyed. Visenya had thought her mother would beat her grandsire. That was when her mother sent for the seamstress to create Visenya's gowns and Aemond had decided to wear black, it was one of the Targaryen's colors after all. Priestess Haemys would be officiating the ceremony, since in Valyrian culture women were allowed to be priestesses and were considered just as important as men. Rhaenyra had gone to Dragonstone herself and picked out the dragon glass with which the ceremonial daggers had been made.

She could hear Karnax, Caraxes, and Syrax flying over the city. Vhagar must be sleeping somewhere, the old dragon did not enjoy being bothered unless it was by Aemond. The wheelhouse curtains had been pulled back so Visenya and her mother could see the people cheering as they passed by. Everyone in the city was wearing their best clothes, rich tapestries had been hung on buildings. There were thousands of small folk from other regions who had come to witness the wedding. Visenya and Rhaenyra had sent a large amount of food to the common people so they would be able to celebrate also.