Epilogue Part 4: Trials and Tribulations II

yay more terrible flashbacks

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

"The twenty-eighth of July, 1997. The accused is sixteen years old."

"Mr Sattar, I know for a fact that this here is Robyn," smiled Dolores Umbridge, to the astonishment of Ibrahim Sattar, the man behind the Ministry's security desk. "Robyn Rosier."

Sattar's jaw dropped. "The Robyn Rosier, who's wanted for questioning about the death of Albus Dumbledore? Who's been evading Ministry Officials for a month now?"

"That's the one!" chirped Umbridge.

Sattar hurriedly picked up a long golden rod, thin and flexible, and passed it up and down an equally astonished-looking Robyn, to which it made an unpleasant beeping noise. Robyn made a grab for her wand, but Sattar gasped and called loudly, "Security!"

People walking past looked over, but nothing happened.

"Er... aren't you security?" said Robyn awkwardly.

"Oh, bother," he muttered, looking behind himself as if hoping someone would appear. When no one did, he continued, "All right. Incarcerous!"

Squeaking in surprise, Robyn ducked just in time for the ropes expelling from his wand to go over her head and wrap around Umbridge instead, who let out a yelp of her own as she was thrown to the ground.

"Release me at once, Sattar! I am Dolores Jane Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic! I would like to speak with your supervisor!"

"Madam Umbridge, I apologise, but you do realise the guest you have brought here today is a suspected criminal!" cried Sattar, then he looked behind himself again as he said louder than before, "security! Where the devil is everyone!"

A crowd was forming at his shouts and, even more so, at the spectacle Umbridge was making as she rolled around wildly, screeching as she tried to escape the ropes binding her.

Still ducked in front of his desk, Robyn stealthily crawled round it to pick up her wand which Sattar had dropped by his chair in the chaos. Her fingers were only inches away when he noticed her.

"Incarcerous!" he cried again, and Robyn was captured by thick ropes mercilessly wrapping round her ankles and legs and neck.

"No- get- off!" she gasped, wriggling desperately. She sounded like she was in pain.

Sattar ignored her. "Mr Thicknesse!" he exclaimed to the approaching man. "She is there, behind my desk! I captured her – Robyn Rosier!"

"Admirably done, Mr Sattar," said Pius Thicknesse, the Imperiused Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. At his side were three Aurors: Kingsley Shacklebolt, Nymphadora Tonks, and John Dawlish. "Now, if you would release her, please."

"Ye- what?"

The gathered crowd murmured in interest. Umbridge was still shrieking noisily.

"I shall walk her to the holding cells myself. And you might wish to release Madam Undersecretary as well, before she turns purple."

"Y-Yes, sir. But this girl, she is dangerous!"

"She is just that – a girl."

Robyn screwed up her face in offence, but relaxed somewhat again when Sattar released her from her binds. She grabbed her wand and stood on shaky legs, avoiding eye contact with anyone watching. Instead, she scooped up her broom and began to back away to the nearby fireplaces but she stopped again with a quiet huff.