Chapter Ninety-Two

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

"She'll be just fine, Hermione," Ginny said for the millionth – no, billionth time that summer. "She's...Robyn. She's tough."

"Is she?" Hermione said, sniffling as she stared out Ginny's window at the stars. It was almost like when she and Robyn would go up the Astronomy Tower when Hermione was supposed to be patrolling for her Prefect duties – almost, because Robyn wasn't with her. Robyn was...

"Yes," Ginny insisted, somewhat impatient as they had been doing this all summer. Hermione would worry and cry, and Ginny would comfort and reassure.

Well, she would try to, but she had a feeling Hermione wouldn't be happy again until she was reunited with the Ravenclaw girl.

It was understandable, honestly. Ginny felt the same way about a different Ravenclaw girl.

"You didn't see Draco," Hermione said quietly, fiddling first with the necklace round her neck, then with the bracelet round her wrist – the bracelet which had not warmed up the whole summer – the bracelet which still read 'I miss you so much' from when Hermione was pining only one day prior.

(Well, she pined every day, so she was always writing new messages on it, hoping each time that Robyn would finally, finally give her a response.

She never did).

"Well, you've heard the exact same rumours I have. And if those rumours are accurate, we know why Draco looked a mess," Ginny said with a shrug, not entirely sympathetic.

"No, but if he's been...in the company of people like Fenrir Greyback, then so has Robyn."

"She's a big girl, Hermione—"

"She's not."

Ginny sighed.

Hermione hugged her pillow tight to her chest, which had felt on fire with worry ever since the Department of Mysteries. She knew she was sounding like a broken record, but she just...couldn't help it.

"She'll be just fine," Ginny said once more. "You'll be reunited tomorrow on the train. It'll be a whole affair. I bet she'll run and jump into your arms all dramatically, like something out of a play, and everyone will clap."

Hermione heaved a sigh, but her heart fluttered with nerves and excitement.

(Of course, she didn't know how wrong Ginny was).

The door opened.

"I've been thinking—" Harry started as he entered, followed by Ron who was dragging his feet like a child.

"Wow, somebody notify the Prophet."

Hermione smiled half-heartedly at Ginny's joke.

"Hilarious, you are. But I've been thinking," Harry continued, taking a seat on the edge of Ginny's bed, "what if they're Death Eaters?"

The half-hearted smile on Hermione's face vanished. She moved her gaze from the stars to Harry to glare at him. "Don't even go there."

"Hear me out—"

"No."

"But—"

"I really don't think Robyn would do that, mate. I mean, Malfoy, yeah. Her brother, probably. But Robyn? She's on our side. She was in the D.A.. She came with us to the Department of Mysteries," Ron said carefully as he leant against the doorframe.

Harry scoffed. "But she didn't leave with us, did she?"

"Do you really think that was by choice?" Hermione said angrily, making Harry hesitate.