Chapter 119

warning: cheese🧀

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

The moment Alecto's finger touched the Mark, not only did Robyn's own Mark burn, but her scar did too, savagely, and by the noise she distantly heard Harry let out, she thought his did, as well. The common room vanished from her sight, and she was standing upon an outcrop of rock beneath a cliff. The sea was washing around her and there was a triumph in her heart - they have the boy.

A loud bang brought Robyn back to where she stood. Disorientated, she stumbled slightly forwards to watch as Alecto hit the ground with a thud. She landed so hard that the glass in the bookshelves tinkled.

"That was fun," a voice that sounded a lot like Luna said, but Harry was the only person around, "though a little noisy."

"Harry!" Robyn called in a quiet, urgent voice. "You're really here–!"

Scurrying footsteps echoed from above, and they were growing louder. The few Ravenclaws that hadn't moved into the Room of Requirement were coming to investigate the noise of the Stunner.

"Hello, Robyn–!"

Harry looked panicked. "Luna, where are you? I need to get under the Cloak!"

...That made sense.

Harry then hurried to Luna's side, who briefly revealed herself, and pulled the Cloak over the two of them. Robyn quickly sneaked over to the statue of Ravenclaw and hid behind it just as a stream of Ravenclaws descended upon the scene. There were gasps and cries of surprise as they saw Alecto lying there unconscious. Robyn caught sight of Astrid looking around the room - looking for her.

Slowly, the Ravenclaws shuffled in around Alecto, a savage beast that might wake at any moment and attack them. One brave second year darted up to her and prodded her backside with his foot. "I think she might be dead!" he shouted with delight, and Robyn snorted.

A rap on the common room door made them all freeze, however, and from the other side she heard Amycus Carrow arguing with the eagle door knocker.

"I dunno the answer, do I? Shut it! Alecto? Alecto, are you there? Have you got him? Open the door!"

The Ravenclaws were whispering amongst themselves, terrified. Then, without warning, there came a series of loud bangs, as though someone was ramming into the door.

"ALECTO! If he comes and we haven't got Potter - d'yeh want to be on the receivin' end of his rage? ANSWER ME!" Amycus bellowed, shaking the door for all he was worth, but still it did not open. The Ravenclaws were all backing away, and some of the most frightened began scampering back to their dorms. Then, a second voice rang out beyond the door.

"May I ask what you are doing, Professor Carrow?"

"Trying- to get- through this damned- door!" shouted Amycus. "Go and get Flitwick! Get him to open it, now!"

"But isn't your sister in there?" asked who Robyn realised was Professor McGonagall. "Perhaps she could open the door for you? Then you needn't disturb half the castle."

"She ain't answerin', you old besom! You open it! Garn! Do it, now!"

"Certainly, if you wish it," said McGonagall, her voice awfully cold. She then proceeded to give a sufficient answer for the knocker, and the door swung open. All but Astrid sprinted for the stairs as Amycus burst over the threshold, brandishing his wand. He saw Alecto, sprawled motionless on the floor, and let out a yell of fury and fear and got right in Astrid's face. Astrid stood her ground. Robyn wondered if the Sorting Hat had considered putting her in Gryffindor.