Chapter Twenty-Seven

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

1st of September 1993

Robyn sat staring out the window of her train compartment reflecting on the fact it had been a year already since she started Hogwarts. How had it gone so fast?

Daphne had been right that one time; a lot can indeed happen in a year.

She turned her head to the side just in time to see Neville walk past. She shot up and muttered something about being back later to Astoria and the others. Annie and Violet had joined them and the twins once more. She had a feeling the two of them would become regulars now. She wasn't thrilled, but oh well.

"Neville! Hi," she called after him. He stopped and turned to face her.

"Oh, hi Robyn. How're you?" he asked kindly and began walking again.

"Me?" she laughed and matched his pace. "How are you? You're the one who got harassed by pixies."

He went red. "That- that was nothing. Not a big deal. Really. Not worth remembering, I say."

She smiled, "What were we talking about again?"

He smiled back but looked around as the train started slowing down all of a sudden.

She looked around, too, confused. "We're not there yet are we?" she moved to look out the window, but couldn't see much. "It's so foggy and—" the lights went out suddenly, "dark," she finished, feeling a little uneasy.

"Er..." Neville sounded uneasy, too. He grabbed her by the arm and pushed her into the nearest compartment.

"Neville!" she exclaimed as she stumbled over people's feet she couldn't see. "Don't push me!"

"I'm sorry! I'm just nervous!" he said as he too tripped into the compartment.

"Neville?" a voice asked.

"Harry? Is that you? What's happening?"

"No idea! Sit down," Harry, Potter, she guessed, replied.

There was a hiss as Neville sat on...something.

"Sorry!" he squeaked. Then, "Robyn, sit down!"

"Hold on, Robyn? Rosier?" another voice spoke. She couldn't quite tell who it was.

"Who's asking?" she wondered.

"Ron. Get out of our compartment!" the boy snapped.

"Ron who?" she questioned. She knew, of course, it was the Weasley boy. But also knew it would irritate him if he knew her but she didn't know him.

"Weasley!" he snapped again.

"Never heard of him," she shrugged as she stood in the darkness and tried not to laugh. She heard him scoff angrily.

"Just sit, Robyn," a girl spoke quietly from her right.

"And who's this?" she asked again.

"Hermione."

"Don't know anyone called Hermione."

"What about Morgana?"

"Ohhh," she said sarcastically. "Why didn't you say so? How's your hand?"

Granger tutted, "Fine, thanks," and tugged on her arm to make her sit.

"What's she on about?" Weasley questioned.

Robyn ignored him as she sat down. Except, she sat on a person instead of the bench. The person – Granger – squeaked as Robyn quickly adjusted so she sat on the girl's left. She was squished between Granger and the wall of the compartment.