Teresa x reader | Innocent

@ellelovesu, thank you for giving me this idea <3

I switched this up a little bit and although I hate making Gally the villain because he's really not, for this one I did. xx 

Teresa had arrived just a few days before me but somehow it seemed like she had known the gladers for years. She was friends with almost anyone, or at least good acquaintances. Everyone quickly adored her, making it 100 times harder for you. Of course, you didn't blame Teresa because it wasn't her fault. Most of the boys were wary of letting another girl into their tight circle. One boy in particular was extremely wary.

Gally had been on his toes since the two of you came up. Gally felt the unease bubble inside with Teresa and when you arrived he freaked. Why were there two girls in the glade? there wasn't even supposed to be one!

Some strange things had been going on in the glade and Gally started to convince everyone that it was your fault. For example: the sky had turned gray and there were more greiver sightings/interactions in the maze. You however had no clue how or why all of this happened. 

"Look around! Everything was fine until you showed up!"

"I don't know what you want me to tell you, Gally! I didn't do any of this shit!"

"Whatever." 

It always ended with an eye roll and an angry exit. The only person who could (somewhat) calm Gally down was Fry. They seemed to be really good friends. Gally had chilled out over the next week and everything was going okay until Ben AND Alby were stung. No doubt that one death made him go mad, but two? He was insane. One day after some of my friends had finished supper, Gally came up to us. 

"Do you see all this? Everything is her fault. It has to be, I saw her! She did this to us!"

"Gally! Take a breath, this isn't y/n's fault!"

Suddenly, Gally began to swing at me. I quickly ducked out of the way as Frypan held Gally back. He eventually wiggled out of Fry's grasp and he managed to hit me twice. I stumbled back as I reached up to grab at my now aching eye. I fell back onto a rock, injuring my hip. 

"Gally, what the hell?" 

Minho lunged at Gally and started swinging too. It was clear that they would both end up in the slammer. Thomas and Teresa rushed towards me noticing I was still seated on the damp grass. Still holding my eye, I gave them a small smile to show my appreciation. I mean they stuck with me even when 80% of the boys didn't. 

Teresa leaned forward and grabbed my face in her hands. "Hey, you okay sweetheart?" 

You were just about to answer when your brain stopped you. Sweetheart? Why would she call you that? Was it just a slip-up? Or did she mean it?

"I think I'm alright." 

"Let's get you up and to the medjacks."

I gave her a small nod and I tried to lift myself off the ground. It took a few extra seconds but it wasn't a big issue. Teresa had her arm under my arm helping me limp towards the medics with Thomas trailing behind. 

Teresa gently helped sit me down on a cot as Clint and Jeff came over to ask what was wrong. Teresa held my hand while they patched me up and iced my hip. Thomas left after a few minutes because he wanted to check up on everyone else. Soon, it was just me and Teresa. 

"Do you think you'll need any help getting to your hut?"

"Mhm, probably."

"Okay, I'll come with you."

"Thanks"

"No problem. Do you think I should stay the night just incase?"

"yea"

Again, Teresa helped me up and placed her arm underneath my arm, supporting me along the way. We wobbled together towards my hut for a good 10 minutes. We finally made it to the door of my hut, and Teresa pushed it open with her free hand. I separated from her grasp and hopped towards my bed. I sat down and let out a large sigh. 

"Fuck it hurts."

"I love you."

"huh?"

"I-I love you. I'm in love with you."

"Teresa-"

"Oh my god! I can't stop saying it. I love you!"

I smiled to myself as Teresa continued on her ramble. She loves me? Makes sense why she called me 'sweetheart' then. 

"And I've just been keeping it to myself and hoping it would go away but I can't make it go away. Why can't I make it go away y/n? I need it to go away. I can't love you because you don't love me and now it's just awkward."

"Who said I didn't love you?"