Gally x Reader |"Drunk words are sober thoughts"

There were many different people in the safe haven. Gally was one of the more "unique" ones.  I had seen past Gally's tough façade back in the glade, recognizing that he was more than the harsh words and stern looks he often threw at others. That was what sparked the flame between us.

While he had always been known as the rough and tough guy in the glade, in the safe haven he could be different. Everyone was safe and Gally could be himself. Still, I knew beneath his newly found happiness lay a hidden secret, a secret that gnawed at me like an itch I couldn't scratch.

Fueled by liquid courage, Gally found himself in a situation he had never imagined. He'd had too many drinks, and his inhibitions were slipping away. After goofing around a little, Gally stumbled over to the log you were sitting on, his movements clumsy, his words slurred. He cleared his throat, his face reddening as he struggled to find the right words.

"Y/n, I—"

But before he could finish, his mind seemed to have switched to a different thought. Gally began to giggle like a little girl. "woah, your soooo preety!" You shot him a small smile, you knew he didn't mean it, he was just drunk after all and he would regret it in the morning. "and you're so drunk, let's get you to bed."

Gally took a pause before bursting into tears." I don't want to go to my room!"

this boy was going to be the death of me. Sighing, you made an offer that would be sure to intrigue him. "You don't have to. Why don't we go and get you snuggled up in my room?" I caught Newt's eye from across the fire as he winked at me. That shank.

"Really?!" Gally was no longer crying and he seemed very content.

"yes, really."

"I love you."

The both of you froze. Gally wasn't expecting to say it and you certainly weren't expecting to hear it. You decided to skip past it to save him from any embarrassment or regret.

"Now I know you're really drunk. let's get you in bed, hun."

Gally just gently nodded.

As the two of you headed to your hut, you passed by Newt who heard your whole conversation. "you know what they say, Drunk words are sober thoughts." He said while tapping his head.

You rolled your eyes at him and prayed Gally hadn't heard him as you kept on walking.

A few minutes later Gally was lying in your bed as you tucked him in. You made sure he had his special blanket with him, the one you knew he couldn't sleep without. After checking that he was comfortable, you started to make your way out of the room. You would just sleep on Newt's rug again or something.

"Wait, Y/n! I love you, okay? I've loved you for a long time. I've loved you since the glade. And you're... you're the nicest person I know, and I don't know how you put up with people like me, but I just wanted you to know that. I love you."

"Well, I'm sure you'll still love me in the morning and you can tell me all about it then."

"Okay!"

Before I could say anything else, he was asleep.

It was probably just the alcohol talking, right? But then you thought about Newt's words, maybe he was right.

Gally's POV:

The next morning, I woke up alone along with a pounding headache and a feeling of hope. I remembered what I did, and the embarrassment washed over me like a tidal wave. I couldn't believe I had poured my heart out to y/n while in such a drunken state. I regretted my actions and I could tell I ruined our friendship. As I dragged myself to my feet and gathered my courage, I decided to face the consequences head-on. I found y/n in the kitchen helping Frypan with breakfast, her eyes still holding that same kindness they always did. "y/n, I'm sorry about last night, but I want you to know I really do mean it. I love you. I'm in love with you." I mumbled, avoiding her gaze. I didn't want to make her feel pressured.

She looked at me, her eyes soft with understanding. "Gally, you don't need to be sorry. What you said, it meant a lot to me." My head snapped up in surprise, meeting her gaze. "You mean you're not mad?" She smiled gently. "No, Gally. In fact, I've been thinking about it and I realized I love you too. I didn't want to admit it to you or myself because I was scared."

Thank god!  I pulled her into a giant bear hug. "Does this mean we could try things out?"

"mhm!"

I squeezed her tighter in my arms before letting go.

"What did I bloody tell ya? I'm right, again."