Chapter 31- First Kiss

Start from the beginning

''Siya, please you can't always have your ways with me'' I told her and cut the call before she could speak anything. Everyone here knows that Siya is my weakness, so they think that they could make me accept anything if she said. Nandini came there. ''Manik, even I don't want to do this anymore now, mujhse bhi nahi hoga'' she said. ''When did you know this? How could you say yes?'' I asked her. Even she didn't feel like asking me! I'm surprised now. ''When I first heard about it, I was hesitant, but then I said OK because we are actors, hum jo bhi kar rahe hai wo sab acting hai, we are not doing it for real'' she made sense. ''Hum audience ko uss emotion feel karwana hai jo hum khud mehsoos nahi karte, I mean we don't actually love each other but we expect the whole audience to experience the love between us, isn't it weird?'' she asked. I listened to her. 

''But ek actor ke liye yahi ek bada task hai na, chaar dialouges tho sab log bol dethe, but why only Manik Malhotra! Because you are an actor, come out of your comfort zone now. This will be something out of the box for an actor in you'' she said. Yes, ek actor ke liye aise roles challenging hote hai, and she is right, I should not back out from this at the last moment. ''You actually thought you could convince me!'' I asked looking into her eyes. ''I don't know if I can, but you can definitely give it a thought'' she said. ''I guess you won, I'm in'' I said. ''Manik, don't worry, everything would go right'' she said patting my back. ''I hope'' I said involuntarily. ''Manik, iss sab ke beech, I think we ruined Navya's proposal'' she said. Oh, I completely forgot about Navya's letter to Cabir. ''No worries, I will make it right'' I said. ''Navya ko Cabir se directly keh dena chahiya tha, love has no short cuts'' she said. ''No, writing a love letter is so romantic, sometimes letters convey much more than a person can do, moreover letter will give you more time to think and analyze. I found the letter wala thing so cute'' I said remembering how I felt after reading it.

********************************************************************************************

''Manik, Nandini ko room nahi mila, can we both share same room and give mine to her?'' Aryaman asked me. ''Yeah of course, we can share'' I accepted. ''No, I'm fine, I will share room with Navya'' she said. I insisted Nandini to sleep in Aryaman's room. ''You will hardly sleep for few hours, I know you don't like sharing bed with anyone'' she said in a soft tone which only I could hear. How well she knew me! ''It's okay, I can't deny Aryaman, please go and sleep in his room for now'' I asked her. She wished me good night and went away smiling. I must say she has a killer smile. Smile se yaad aaya that I should talk to Siya now. ''Gussa theek ho gaya?'' she asked me. ''Ha, sort of'' I said sheepishly. ''So, now you accept! how did you said Ok?'' Siya asked. ''Because I wanted to explore the actor in myself and I decided to try something out of my comfort zone'' I said confidently. ''Wow Manik! I always wanted to see this in you, by the way, who has this influence on my Manik'' she knows me so well. ''No one, just I thought'' I tried to make bahana but she caught me. ''I know you so well Manik, you always think in one direction, I think there must be someone who said this to you, you didn't listen to what I was saying. So you better say who it is!'' she demanded answer from me. Should I tell Nandini's name. 

''It's Aryaman'' I don't why I lied to her. ''That's good, no doubt you both are best friends that you know each other so well'' she said. Does this mean Nandini and I knew about each other so well. I strolled in the verandah and thought about tomorrow. What is this weird feeling? Will Nandini let me kiss her! Or would she think I will ruin her first kiss. But technically it's our first kiss. No, she might not feel anything for me. She was so clear that we are actors and we are showing the audience the emotions which we don't feel ourselves. Does she mean she didn't feel anything for me! Then why am I being restless! She definitely takes my breath away when I'm with her. 

My brain couldn't process anything as I was getting ready for the shoot. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. We are going to shoot a dream sequence and I must give the credit to costume designer. I'm proud of myself as I looked like I'm out of a dream. I waited for Nandini but she isn't here yet. ''It's a wardrobe malfunction'' Navya came out with a long white gown. ''Kya hua?'' Cabir asked before I could speak. ''This dress is so tight, Nandini tried to wear but it tore'' she said as the dress can't be worn now. ''Why at the last moment?'' Cabir cursed his luck. ''Calm down Cabir, think of an alternative'' Navya calmed him down. After knowing about Navya loving Cabir, I could clearly see how much she loves him. She manages Cabir and his mood swings effortlessly. She always have everything handy for him. Navya is Cabir's support system. ''Manik, can you please go to the location'' Navya asked and I couldn't deny. 

I came to the location and it was breathtakingly beautiful. Snow everywhere, huge mountains in the background, DOP had tried to capture this beautiful scenery in his camera and I must say he is successful. He took few snaps of me and then came Navya and Cabir. Where is Nandini? I wondered. They made necessary arrangements. ''Nandini isn't here yet?'' I asked out of curiosity. ''She is here'' Navya said and pointed at Nandini. I couldn't believe what I saw, asli beauty tho yaha hai. Nandini walked towards in a red saree. I wish life is as beautiful as this frame. She shivered as she wore sleeveless blouse with her red saree. I gave her my jacket and Cabir stopped me. ''Manik, usse tumhara jacket nahi dena'' he said. ''Shot ready'' I heard and took my position. Nandini stood so close to me. Cabir came near us and whispered, ''badi mushkil se ye sab ho raha hai, please do it in one take'' he kind of requested us. ''Action'' Cabir said sitting in front of monitor. 

I looked into her eyes. They always tell a different story but now I don't know what they mean. I cupped her face in my palms. She shivered a bit but I was sweating. I stood even closer to her and she looked into my eyes. I brought her face closer and she held my jacket for once. I smiled to myself and kissed her forehead. She did not expect this and looked at me strangely. I wonder why Cabir didn't object me kissing her forehead. I held her hands in mine and she looked surprised on what I'm up to now. I pulled her closer and put her hands on my shoulders. She smiled at my actions. I lifted her chin and claimed her lips to the fullest. They are as soft as velvet, I placed my hands on her waist so that she can stand still, but unknowingly she came closer to me. I could feel her scent on me and she can feel my breath too. She closed her eyes, but I strongly felt that she should see me kissing her. I intensified and Nandini reciprocated the kiss.

I was about to break the kiss when she opened her eyes but something in me stopped and claimed her lower lip.