She was born to be Queen.

Meanwhile in Westeros, Queen Rhaenyra was sitting in a council meeting with Prince Aegon acting as her cupbearer. They had been discussing the situation at hand about what to do with the crowded Dragonpit and whether to get rid of it completely or not.

Rhaenyra needed a second opinion and she heard every single one that came her way about the dragons. But she only listened to one of them.

After the meeting, she made her way over to her chambers where Maekara sat patiently waiting for Rhaenyra.

The Targaryen Queen smiled as she approached the love of her life. Maekara had been sitting on a chair by the balcony holding newborn Daena Targaryen who was fast asleep.

Maekara hummed her Valyrian song, eyes closed as she rocked Daena in her arms. She seemed to be at peace and enjoying the silence. The past few months had been rough for Maekara who had episodes of paranoia and anxiety.

She was worried that something was coming for her, but Rhaenyra refused to accept that Maekara was going mad. And therefore did not go through with her promise anymore. Maekara couldn't see that something was wrong with her mind and Rhaenyra chose not to see it.

Rhaenyra crept closer as Mae opened her eyes, shifting her gaze to the Targaryen woman.

"This sweet girl has been asleep for a while," Mae softly chuckled as Rhaenyra dragged a chair, sitting beside them, "Tell Aegon that I will give her back soon...I just can't let her go." Mae grinned widely at the babe before her.

Rhaenyra smiled as she watched them.

"The Dragonpit is to be demolished," Rhaenyra told Mae who turned with slight surprise.

"House Targaryen is to follow the protocols that House Maltheon follows regarding their dragons," Rhaenyra said with a smirk.

"Ahh," Mae sighed as Daena began to open her eyes, "Oh my, the sweet little Princess is awake." Rhaenyra raised her brows as Mae rocked Daena, "Would you rather be with your grandmother?"

Daena began to cry loudly as Mae smiled at Rhaenyra, "I think your granddaughter wants nothing to do with me."

Rhaenyra laughed softly as she grabbed Daena, holding her head and positioning her comfortably. Mae winced in pain as Rhaenyra's brows furrowed together, "Everything alright with you?"

"Yes..my left arm has just been hurting a little," Mae said as she kissed Daena's little head. Rhaenyra nodded as she looked back at Daena.

"You know, you calling me her grandmother makes me feel rather old," Rhaenyra admitted as Mae laughed and stood from her seat.

"We are old," Mae affirmed as she leaned forward, her lips almost touching Rhaenyra's. Rhaenyra looked down at Mae's lips and back up at her eyes. Her stomach twisted with excitement and lust as the Maltheon woman teased her lips. She spoke through her teeth, frustrated, "Don't even start, my love. We have a child present."

"I know," Mae said, "It just brings me pleasure to see you frustrated."

"You are evil," Rhaenyra says to Maekara as she plants a kiss on Daena's head, stroking her silver-gold hair.

Rhaenyea looks down at Daena, "I think I will put this beautiful girl back in her crib. She has seen enough of our faces today."

"Believe it or not, I agree," Mae jested as she sat back down on the chair, "I'd be pretty tired too if I had to stare at my gorgeous face all day."

"I have been staring at that gorgeous face for years and I have yet to grow tired of it. In fact, I think I fall more in love with it every day," Rhaenyra winked at Mae who blushed and looked back at the Bay.