♦38♦

~•Fenix Alade•~

I was curled into a ball, lying on my plain baby pink queen size bed. I stared at my dull screen in the dark, letting nothing but my sobs fill the quiet room.

A patch of tears was created where I laid my head, but it didn't concern me, nothing did. The only thing that concerned me was the video that has been on repeat for at least an hour displaying on my dim screen.

My mates uploaded their Christmas prom video on the group yesterday and I've been sulking ever since I saw it.

Why does it hurt so much?

I pushed my phone off my bed, I heard the light plonking sound when it came in contact with the pink fluffy rug. The video was still playing, feeding my ears with the laughs and cheers of everyone who attended the prom.

I pulled a large pink stuffed bear, which was seated at the other end of my bed, into a tight cuddle. I latched myself unto it, burying my face deep into it so it can muffle my cry. In the process the stuffed animal was partly soaked with my tears.

••••♦••••

I was seated up right on my bed, watching that same video. A knock came on my door, distracting me from the video. The knock came again after I didn't give my response.

"Miss Alade? Are you in there?" The maid's voice came through, behind the door.

She knocked again, this time more persistent and annoying. A low tired groan escaped my lips, confirming my presence in the room.

"Miss Alade, breakfast is ready" she said.

"I'm not hungry" I croaked, too much wailing had damaged my voice.

"But, Madam sent me to bring you down" her last statement infuriated me.

Didn't mother know I've been crying up here?

"Tell her, I'm not hungry!" I half yelled at the maid, anger evident in my tone. I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me she had scurried off, cause that's what they all do.

••••♥••••

My drowsy eyes are still glued to my phone, watching the same horrific video. The one that traumatized me since yesterday, leaving me numb.

"Miss Alade, lunch is served" my tired eyes find it's way to the door, listening to the continuous knocking that came from the other side.

"It's your favorite. Peppered cat fish soup"

My hungry stomach reacted to the words of the maid that hit my ears, but my mind and weary feet glued me to my bed.

"I'm not eating"

"Miss Alade? Are you sure?" She inquired from the other end.

"Yes I am! Don't repeat the question, just go!"

"Alright, if you insist" with that said, I heard her retreating footsteps.

••••♥••••

The door knob twisted and turned a few times before whoever was trying to breech my privacy realized it was locked.

"I'm not eating dinner either" as the words escaped my lips, it dawned on me that I locked myself in here all day.

Whoever was at my door didn't respond, which was strange. Mother instructed the maid's to respond no matter what I say.

Click-click