♣ CHAPTER TWELVE♣

~•Miracle Benson•~

I open my mouth wide, yawning loudly. I stretch out my limbs, trying to straighten the folded joints in my body.

That felt good.

I take a glance at the digital clock on my night stand. The glance turned into a prolonged stare because I got frozen at the time displayed on the device

3:24pm!

I can't believe I napped for more than two hours. I pick up my phone from the same furniture the digital clock was placed on.

I scroll through the phone, randomly, checking out and replying the messages I got. The only message that got me rooted in bed was the examination timetable posted on the class group chat.

Shit!

This one has come again.

I squint my eyes at the date for the first paper.

20th of November and today is 11th.

God help me!

I slowly and tiredly get out of my bed, dragging my feet on the marble tiles and the rug. I move to the door, opening it without a second thought.

I recoiled in fear at the sight before me. A woman with a freakish smile plastered on her face, standing in my doorway. She had on her body the regular workers uniform, indicating that she's one of them.

"Oh my God! You scared me" my hand was stationed on my heavily pounding chest.

"Your mother said I should inform you about her departure immediately she leaves" the woman uttered in a clear and understandable accent.

"Oh. A meeting right?" I tilt my head to the side. She nods her reply.

"One more thing, Miracle. Someone's waiting for you down stairs" the woman added to her earlier announcement.

"Oh! Who?"

"He didn't state his name" she replied, giving way for me to exit my room. I bow my head in appreciation for her gesture.  I head to the stairs while the woman went in the opposite direction, probably to clean a room.

I walked down the stairs, absorbing the quietness of the house. After descending the stairs, I took a short turn into the living room.

I noticed the sitting figure of someone in one of the living room sofa's. The one that had it's back to me, so my visitor wasn't aware of my arrival.

Hmmmmm, who could he be?

"Errhm" my gesture caught his attention and he turned around, locking gazes with me.

Lucas?

A wide smile crawled on my face at the sight of my best friend, although I still felt a hint of anger towards the dude.

Lucas got out of the sofa, approaching me. I step backwards, folding my arms.

"What's wrong?" He asked, showcasing his perfectly set dentals.

"Uh, you ignored me for more than three weeks"

"I'm sorry. I should have called or say something, but I got grounded for those weeks" he explained. I  heard the sincerity in his voice, but I still wanna push his further.

"So, how the hell did you open my messages?"

"It's my brother. That kid is a pain in the ass" he replied in a groaning tone.

True.

"I get it, my brother can be hell too" he chuckled at my response. The sound of his laughter created butterflies in my belly.