♦ 11 ♦

~•Yemima Adams•~

The assembly was filled today. Everyone stood still, listening to the vice principal, Mr James give his announcement. His stance was that of a robust man, filling the arena with his thick, undiluted Nigerian accent.

"Good mornings students" Mr James beamed brightly. It's obvious that his smile was fake, there's some bad news behind this.

"Good morning sir" the reciprocation was louder than Mr James initial greeting.

"I'm displeased to announce the suspension of Lucas Matthew for some unspecified reasons" Mr James said into the microphone.

Wait...what? Is this even right? Announcing a student's suspension.

Loud murmurings replaced the dreaded silence with great effort. I turned to Miracle, they both had similar puzzled expressions.

"His case will serve as an example for others who may want to try the same thing out" Mr James stepped back, giving enough room for the sports prefect to take his stand.

I don't understand. What happened to Lucas?

The sport prefect took hold of the microphone and began sharing the details of yesterday's football match against Sierra High Academy. He only received a tiny fraction of attention from the audience as the whole school was still in shock about Lucas's suspension and it's unknown reasons.

••••♠••••

"Who knew Lucas could do something like this"

"Probably why he's different from the rest"

"It's good! He got what he deserved!"

"I never even liked him. He had this weird aura"

The sound of gossips filled the hallways. Every student had something to say about Lucas, whether they knew him or not. SkyLine can be so annoying when it comes to gossips. They don't even know his offense, yet they go about spreading  false news like wildfire.

Miracle would be devastated, being the known best friend of the accused. I turned to stare at her. Her countenance is furious, like she could commit murder any moment from now, I turned a blind eye to the ignorant gossipers outside. Miracle, Sam and myself walked into our class room. Attention was immediately diverted to us, making me nervous as hell.

If I'm nervous how would Miracle feel?

"Miracle, what was his offense?"

"I heard he was found in possession of...weed"

"Jesus!"

"Why didn't you stop him?"

"Maybe they're doing it together"

"And only Lucas was caught!"

"Poor boy"

The class attacked Miracle with questions she could not answer.  I felt really bad for the poor girl, none of us knew why Lucas was suspended.

"Let's ignore them" I whispered to my friends. We snubbed the questions and  moved to our separate chairs.

"Where are they going?"

"Aren't we talking to you?"

"See guts! All of them are high!"

"Could you all stop this trash!" Me and the girls turned around, to see the individual. Dare was on his feet, he didn't look pleased by the attitude displayed by our mates, honestly, anyone in their right senses would think the same.