♦ 20 ♦

~•Yemima Adams•~

Seeing myself in the mirror today, put a smile on my face. For the first time in a long while, I actually admitted that I'm beautiful. Pride engulfed me as I took different poses before the mirror.

My room door made a creaking sound, forcing me turn around as pressure slowly rising in my blood. The tension died down when my eyes and that of my mother meet. She looked at me up and down, before speaking up.

"Your outfit selection is nice" mother complimented me. My cheeks become warm in an instant.

"Thanks mum"

I'm dressed casually. A black turtle neck sweater, a cute golden necklace, black jeans and black ankle boots.

"When's the party?" Mother asked. Her voice brought me back to reality.

"12"

"And what's the time?" Mother raised her brow. A gesture I wish I could perform. I glanced at my wristwatch.

"1:50! Oh my God!" I panicked, trying to grab things into my small bag.

"My driver will take you to the venue" mother said.

"Thanks mum. Bye mum"

"Bye darling. Be safe" after mother's last words, I raced out of the house.

••••♦••••

Zyra pulled me into a warm hug. I could tell she's really happy I made it to her party. She broke the embrace, giving me enough time to study her outfit.

Boy, oh boy, she's absolutely stunning.

Her waist length sliver braids was simply perfect. Her make up was light, nothing much but, still obvious she had some on. The short, white floral dress was simple yet amazing. She had on her feet brown ankle sandals.

She is the definition of perfection.

"Oh my God! I'm so glad you made it" her beautiful Arabic accent radiated in her tone. Her voice was calm and melodious, no wonder Evan fell so hard and couldn't get back up.

"I'm sorry I'm late" I apologised.

"It's no problem, better late than never" Zyra beamed brightly at me. Her smile was so enchanting, another major reason why Evan couldn't get back on his feet.

"I have to go now" I nodded at Zyra's statement. She strode towards a group of individuals, I believe are her friends.

I looked around for a free space, not minding the ogle from guys around. My eyes sighted a lone chair somewhere at the back.

That's the one.

I moved towards the chair and table, where I took my seat. Waiting patiently for my friends to arrive. Miracle and Samantha.

Me in his arms, his face inches apart from mine, His possessive grip on me.

I think Sky likes me!

Oh my God!

The sound of plastic being dragged on artificial grass got to me, snapping me out of my trance. I looked to my left, only to find Fenix getting comfortable in the chair beside me. I gulped at her presence. She didn't spare me a glance, she was too busy with her phone.