♦ 9 ♦

~•Dorothy Owolabi•~

I had my books held to my chest as me and Daisy strolled through the corridor. I stared blankly into space while my head calculated so many ways to clean up Margaret's mess.

"Give me more time, I'll get her"

Margaret's annoying voice is stuck in my head. Just one simple task, yet she couldn't accomplish it.

"Dory...DOROTHY!" Daisy yelled my name. I jolted back, snapping out of my trance.

"What!" I snapped angrily at her.

"Jeez. Calm D. The dude just wants to talk" Daisy sneered at me. I hissed loudly, before turning to see the boy in question.

I was faced with a boy, approximately 6 foot tall. Light skin, cute freckles, an afro, pretty lips, thick black eyes and silver braces. I felt my jaw drop at the sight of raw beauty.

"Anthony?" I blurted, surprised and angry. He opened his pretty braced set at me, in a smile.

Great!

Why don't you just kill me Anthony?

"Hey Dorothy" Anthony continued smiling at me.

God! Why is he so cute?

"What do you want?" I folded my arms and glared at him.

"Just wanted to return your physics textbook" he said, his happy mood dissolved into disappointment. I felt slightly bad but, what could I do? Can't stop my nature.

"Oh!" I snatched the book out of his hand. I turned around to face Daisy, she looked angry, probably at my attitude towards Anthony.

"What?" I asked, already infuriated. I didn't want to stare at his pretty eyes again, it's so mesmirising.

"Nothing" Daisy's response was evidently sarcastic.

"Abeg, go joor!" I screamed at Anthony. He bowed his head and walked away. Even his back side held the same amount of beauty as his front.

Don't go, Anthony! I didn't mean that.

"Dorothy what was that for?" Daisy demanded, anger obvious in her voice.

"What?"

"Don't you think you were to harsh!" Daisy said, with her motherly tone.

"I'm not interested in this conversation"

"I think he likes you" Daisy's words almost made me choke, on my own saliva.

Me? Anthony? Impossible.

"I doubt. Anthony is just being dumb"

"He's super cute though" Daisy said, her tone sounding like her head is in the clouds.

"How many boys will you crush on?"

"And his braces! God!" Daisy squealed, totally ignoring me.

Let's be honest. Anthony is really handsome but, I'm not into boys, for now. I need to focus no my ambition and not a boy. Whatever this is, it won't last long, his feeling might just be a fling.

"Babe, Anthony is hot cake. All the girls in SS3 D science department are drooling over him and you caught his attention without any effort. If he likes you, go for him" Daisy tried to advise me.

"Listen Daisy, I want to focus on my ambition, I don't need any distractions"

"Having a boyfriend not a distractions" Daisy said, confidence oozing out of her voice.