♦ 6 ♦

~•Dare Joshua•~

I feel the bus make a stop, I pull out my earphones and take a look out the window. I immediately recognize the environment as the school premises, probably because of the abundance of palm trees and the huge water fountain.

I plug the earphones back, listening to SAD by XXXTENTACION. My favorite artist, sad has to be my best track. I felt really bad when he died. Still reminiscing about my favorite artist, I bump into someone, from behind.

I look down, my stomach ties a knot the moment I see skirts. It's a girl. I'm so dead. The girl swirled, flipping her gold shoulder length braids.

Shit! Margaret!

I groan inwardly. I hate this girl. Her lips are moving angrily but, all I can hear are the words of XXX piercing into my soul. I look around, Margaret is creating a scene, her drama is drawing attention to us.

"Sorry" I apologise immediately, to avoid further embarrassment.

Her anger doesn't fade even after my apology. Her lips start moving, even faster than earlier. It's obvious, she didn't accept the apology. I should probably hear her out, I pull my earphones out.

"...wrong with you! Are you..." Her shrill voice screeched into my drums, forcing me to put the phones back.

Jeez. A decision I'll live to regret.

I step aside, ignoring Margaret and the crowd she had gathered while I move forward, to the school building.

••••♣••••

I drop my bag at a random table at the back. I look around the class and to my astonishment, the room is empty, apart from the bags placed at the seats if their respective owners.

Where is everyone?

Assembly! Oh.

I'll skip that today. I move towards a window and stand by it. From this point, I have the area view of SkyLine at hand. The assembly is probably over, the students retreating to their various classrooms is enough to cause a tsunami.

I step back to the table and chair I selected, anticipating the arrival of my mates. Soon, everyone is present, resulting in a noisy class. Everyone had something or someone to talk with or talk about.

Don't blame us, we have less than a minute before Mr Ray will end our freedom for the next hour.

I glance around at my classmates, taking note of people's faces. I made a quick realization in the process. Our class is blessed with majority of SkyLine prettiest girls. I'll call only a few, listing them all will take forever.

Miracle, emphasizes on her.

Anya, Samantha, Zyra and even Yemima. Her smile is amazing. It has the ability to get any boy twisted, including myself.

"Fenix. Can I see you for a sec?" I turn at the sound of Delight's voice. She waiting at the door. I look around for Fenix.

Only because I want to see her reaction.

I spot her, sitting on a table with her clique of bad bitches. She rolls her eyes at Delight, sluggishly getting off the table.

Fenix's friends grumble loudly, making extra obvious that they don't like Delight. Fenix ignored them, as she plods towards Delight's direction. The duo exit the class, shutting the door behind themselves.

How could I forget out very own head girl, Fenix. She's not even as pretty as the hype naive boys and girls give to her. I can bet that Yemima is a hundred and one percent PRETTIER than her.