♦ 25 ♦

~•Dorothy Owolabi•~

Tah!

Tah!

Tah!

"Anita! Stop!"

Rrrrrrrrrip!

I closed my eyes forcing that memory to the back of my mind. I sunk deeper into my oversized hoodie, to avoid further embarrassment. The bus stopped within the school premises. I put on my dark shades, in order to hide my identity from the gossips of SkyLine. After Anita assaulted me at the cafeteria, I intentionally skipped school for three whole days, so the fuss could die down.

"Fenix is at the hospital, presently"

"I heard Delight resigned"

"Bishop broke her hand"

"Fenix don jam wetin pass her"

"It's good for her"

Everywhere I walked, I heard all sorts of rumors, screaming at me. I ran up the stairs, I needed the truth and there's only one individual that has that.

Daisy.

I walked through the opened door, leading into SS3A science class. I looked around, gazing at the seated students, being my classmates, they recognized me instantly.

"Dorothy, what happened?"

"You've been absent for..."

"Where did you go?"

"She didn't go anywhere. Wait...you guys didn't hear"

"Hear what?"

I ignored my mates, moving to my seat, surprisingly it was vacant. Where's Daisy?. I glanced at my watch, expecting to see Daisy come in, any moment from now.

I didn't see her on the bus, did I?

I opened my phone and sent a quick text to her, while trying to avoid the jeers of my classmates.

••••★••••

I sat at the extreme corner of the cafeteria, waiting for Daisy to finish whatever class rep duties she was assigned to. My identity was still under the shadow of my large hoodie and dark shades.

I will never make the mistake of exposing my face in the cafeteria, not after two separate and unrelated humiliations by certain girls who are far below me.

"Hey Dorothy. What's with the assassin's Creed vibe?" I looked up, my gloomy mood brightened on seeing Daisy.

"It is no assassin's Creed vibe my dear friend, it's called image protection" Daisy laughed at my response. I felt slightly offended by that, but there's nothing I could do. She's the only one who stood by me, through everything.

"Girl, what's going on? I heard Fenix is at the hospital"

"Dorothy, you missed allot. Fenix received instant karma!" Daisy screamed.

"What happened?"

"I wasn't there oo! But according to Margaret, Fenix and Cristal Martins had issues at the bus..."

"Cristal Martins?"