♦ 16 ♦

~•Bishop Martins•~

Myself and two other boys strolled into the cafeteria. The place was fully jam-packed. It's official, we're late, all thanks to the biology teacher and his stupid classwork.

After grabbing a tray of food each, we decide to eat at a random table close to the exit/entrance. The boys I came with digged into their plate without hesitation, the moment they're butts landed on the bench. I felt so ashamed sitting with these barbarians.

I lost my appetite on the way here, making me poke and stab my meal. Biology is my worst subject. It has this strange energy that demoralizes the best part of me for the whole day.

My eyes wandered the cafeteria looking for anything that could keep me busy in the meantime. Fenix caught my attention. She was seated with her forever crush, Evan. Everyone at the table was either eating, laughing or talking.

I should have been at that table and not here with these food loving morons. Fenix attempted to place her head on Evan's shoulder, hiding behind the excuse of laughing. Evan is fully aware of this tactic, so he scooted aside, subtly and Fenix wasn't able to lean on Evan. Disappointment flooded her features, but they faded away as quickly as they arrived.

A light smirk found it's way on my lips. Seeing Fenix in displeasure gives me a certain kind of joy I can't explain. After what she did to me, I've been waiting so patiently for her downfall.

"Guy you no dey chop?" Alfred's uncultured accent snapped me out of my thought.

"Take it" he switched the plates in the blink of an eye anf dived into my plate without a word of appreciation.

"How can he eat when he's busy watching Fenix" Ayo winked at Alfred and I shot him a glare.

"Wait..you're not over that girl?" Alfred spoke with his mouth full.

Why I call them morons.

I sighed heavily. These boys are staining my reputation.

Barbarians.

"Bro, he's not over her yet" Alfred grabbed his friend's shoulder, laughing continuously.

Idiots.

My fingers balled into a fist under the table, my breath gained weight too. They are beginning to annoy me.

"After what she did to you at the cafeteria that day, you're still into her. Bro you've got to be dumb to still like her" the Ayo dude said to me. His childish voice infuriated me even more.

I regretted calling them friends, they lacked an iota of sense. I took a long sip from my juice box, trying calm myself from their irrelevant annoyance.

Alfred pushed the tray aside, opening his mouth to speak. "Bro do you know how many girls like you? Let's take Delight for instance..."

"What?" I nearly choked on my drink.

"Don't tell me you don't know Delight has a crush on you" Ayo's tone is embedded in doubt and uncertainty.

"She's cute though" Alfred remarked.

Impossible! Delight can not have a crush on me.