♦34♦

~•Yemima Adams•~

"... seeing you around me, I couldn't restrain myself from falling helplessly"

I sigh loudly, while piling books on my reading table. I pull the chair backwards and sit on it, then I drag it forward, closer to the table.

I flip through the pages of my literature textbook, hoping to grab little knowledge, but all my efforts ended in vain.

Reading, lately has been hell after Sky's confession. Concentrating on my books suddenly became a tricky exercise to accomplish.

I can't afford to fail!

I'll be the talk of he school. My reputation will crumble, teachers would despise me and worst of all, I'll be disappointed in myself.

Read Mima!

Sky is probably murdering physics or chemistry wherever he is.

The random flipping exercise landed me in page 297. That happened to be the INVISIBLE MAN.

"I like you"

"Oh God!" I shut the textbook forcefully. I gather all the books on the table, shoving hem into my school bag.

I need a distraction and Sky isn't helping!

My eyes wander off to my phone, in it's charging position.

Great!

My mates would definitely have something bubbly to talk about. I push my chair back, standing up from it. I move to the other end of my room, where I pull my phone out of the charger and flop on my bed.

I unlock the phone, switch on my data and tap on the WhatsApp icon. In a jiffy, my screen floods with messages from classmates and a few others. I ignore the other people and open the class group.

➡️ SKYLINE ACADEMY 2023 SET⬅️

090*****
please start from the beginning, I don't understand.

080*****
Abegi, jist have pass this one.
Read previous chat.

~pweety girl✨
According to what I heard Sha, they said they will decide his matter at school today.

Me✌️
Who?

~Bosslady😈
[Replied me]
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

~I'm Owolabi's daughter ✨✨
Why are you here?
I thought you were suspended.

~Bosslady😈
What is your business?

~I'm Owolabi's daughter ✨✨
A group admin should remove this bitch.

~This is Marg 😝
She was suspended not expelled 🙄
That's why you fail English 😂

~I'm Owolabi's daughter ✨✨
I refuse to speak 🤐

090*****
If una want fight, enter your dm abeg or create fighting group 😑

[Exit the app]

"Waste of time!" I switched off my data and lay of my bed. Seconds later, I crawl under my sheets and let nature take it's course.

My room door created, then I hear moving footsteps in my room. I ignore whoever the person is and turn to face another direction.

"Yemima! What are you doing" a loud recognizable voice pierced into my eardrum.